Broken Excalibur charger

postaldigger

my son recently tore the wire out of the end of my Excalibur charger .Please tell it can be reattached or I'll have to kill him (just kidding it was an accident and partially my fault ---I left it in a bad place so he can't get the heat on this one .Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated (I always try to fix rather than buy---they are so expensive

It can be fixed if you have the skill to bust it open and solder the leads back to the board. I had the same thing happen to my Explorer charger except the culprit was a puppy.

Now my charger looks like Frankenstein but works just fine. It would have been much easier except the box the board is in on mine wasnt supposed to be serviceable so I had to cut it apart.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Broken excal charger

This is where wire was pulled from charger .It looks like I can open this up to reattach the wire does it matter which side goes to each side

Attachments

• IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 199
That's a pretty easy fix. Basically you need to take off the big nut off the top of the plug, then there are two tiny little screws you will see, i can't remember if both are top or top and bottom. Once you have those loose you will need something thin like a putty knife to pry apart the two parts of the the black connector. Once apart you will see that there are two brass poles basically where the wires used to attach. They have tiny tiny allen set screws on the base of the poles, loosen those and you should be able to slip the wires back in there and reverse the whole process.
Don't forget to slip the wire through the large nut and the top half of the connector before reinstalling.

Broken excal charger

After a lot of hemming and hawing I went out and bought a new charger for it (just the block and wire end --- cost 15$ ---I'm okay with that so I'm back in business .Lesson learned only charge excal in a safe place.I guess it could have been worse.Appreciate all advice that was given to me.It was very helpful.thank you

Back
Top Bottom