In the process of getting permission, can use help

Glennz

Elite Member
I found out that a house i have been looking at a lot is part of a subdivision that is not subdivided or had work done to it.. Has anyone asked about these before?

It sounds like it would be like any other property. Find the owner and ask. Is somebody still living there? Is it slated to be demolished for the new subdivision?

its an abandoned shell of a building with a roof, has some no trespassing signs on the property if you go back far enough, which are hard to see from the public atv trail. The owner is a company and i havent found the company contact info for email.

in that case, I would just stop in at the place of business and ask who you need to talk to. Just got to do the footwork. Good luck.

I got an email and the guy emailed back, I did respond but would like some help in responding for the next email i get from him, I did respond to this reply but was wondering what you guys think the chances are...

"Hi Glenn,

My sincerest apology for not responding sooner. We recently moved and were without internet service other than my cell phone for about two weeks. The owner of the subdivision generally does not give access to their properties out of concern for someone getting hurt on the site.

I don’t think the building you are referring to was ever a residence and instead was an outbuilding of some type. My recollection is the residence was in another area, I think it may have been on the east side of Palmer Fishhook and long ago torn down."

I got an email and the guy emailed back, I did respond but would like some help in responding for the next email i get from him, I did respond to this reply but was wondering what you guys think the chances are...

"Hi Glenn,

My sincerest apology for not responding sooner. We recently moved and were without internet service other than my cell phone for about two weeks. The owner of the subdivision generally does not give access to their properties out of concern for someone getting hurt on the site.

I don’t think the building you are referring to was ever a residence and instead was an outbuilding of some type. My recollection is the residence was in another area, I think it may have been on the east side of Palmer Fishhook and long ago torn down."

I never email or call unless absolutely necessary. anything in writing will make anyone nervous as now there is proof they gave permission and if you do get hurt, they are on the record for giving you permission.

Looks like you are now fighting an uphill battle. In your situation, I would respond and say thanks for the response. Ask for the contact info of the guy who you can ask and when you get an address, Go to the address and ask in person. You will almost always get a no in an email or phone call and in person, around here, it's like 98% that say yes.

Keep it light, and friendly and you will surprised what you can get permission on. I have gained permission on gated construction sites where hard hats are required because I asked in person. That would never happen in an email.

Good luck

Ok, i will see about getting a phone number. to meet in person they are at least an hour drive away on a good day.

phone number is just as slim as an email, but you might get lucky. If it's a super promising site, I would drive an hour in a heartbeat just to speak face to face.

Don't get me wrong, I have received permission from both emails and phone calls, but it is only as a last resort since almost always a no.

Good luck.

Looks like we are the only 2 who are interested in this topic. I hope others chime in too. :)

yeah, the place is probably 30s or 40s, the guy that got emailed me back said that the residence was a ways away on the road...

I know it doesnt seam like an old place but for where i'm at its like 1700s east coast.

Back
Top Bottom