Fisher CZ-21 Conversion

MrJeep

Elite Member
Hey everyone, been gone for awhile. Just acquired a CZ-21 and have a question. When I hunt saltwater beaches and surf I've been using my Whites Beach Hunter 300. Now I want to use the CZ-21. I checked the weight of both machines and they both weigh 6Lbs 4 ozs. The CZ being top heavy seems heavier. So my question is, has anyone tried the so called "Straight shaft conversion"? It moves the control box under the shaft just forward of the arm cuff, similar to the BH 300. Thanks for any input.

Here's the conversion kit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Straight-S...-CZ-20-CZ-21-1280-Metal-Detector/292739751496

Just about every CZ20/21 hunter I know hip mounts them...

Just about every CZ20/21 hunter I know hip mounts them...

Yeah..The CZ20/21 is wonderful rig when hip/chest mounted..Its too damn heavy otherwise! We are talking a real brick on a stick no matter what you try!! Four 9volts! You gotta hip/chest mount the brains to sweep big beach expanses or just about anywhere! Its too painful otherwise! You gotta get the brains off the stick!

So I built my own 'off shaft' rig in about 15 minutes to solve this problem...I had a plastic trolling motor battery box laying around here that worked perfectly! I either threaded a wide dive weight belt through the slots to hip mount, or chest mounted it in this carpenters tool pouch suspenders rig....

I liked to use the belt and hip mount it....that large wide rectangle of plastic sort of molded itself around a guys waist and felt very comfortable...

All you gotta do is drill the holes right and get the cuts right with a roofers knife..see photos...pay close attention to them...Use the stock mount plastic for a template...easy peasy!

Also, if you can find the writings of Norm Garnush "The Golden Olde" regarding his use of the CZ20 for beach/water hunting Gold, I think you will find them most entertaining and very helpful...

Attachments

• harness 1.jpg
    harness 1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 204
  • harness 2.jpg
    harness 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 203
  • harness 3.jpg
    harness 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 204
  • harness 4.jpg
    harness 4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 209
  • harness 5.jpg
    harness 5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Yeah..The CZ20/21 is wonderful rig when hip/chest mounted..Its too damn heavy otherwise! We are talking a real brick on a stick no matter what you try!! Four 9volts! You gotta hip/chest mount the brains to sweep big beach expanses or just about anywhere! Its too painful otherwise! You gotta get the brains off the stick!

So I built my own 'off shaft' rig in about 15 minutes to solve this problem...I had a plastic trolling motor battery box laying around here that worked perfectly! I either threaded a wide dive weight belt through the slots to hip mount, or chest mounted it in this carpenters tool pouch suspenders rig....

I liked to use the belt and hip mount it....that large wide rectangle of plastic sort of molded itself around a guys waist and felt very comfortable...

All you gotta do is drill the holes right and get the cuts right with a roofers knife..see photos...pay close attention to them...Use the stock mount plastic for a template...easy peasy!

Also, if you can find the writings of Norm Garnush "The Golden Olde" regarding his use of the CZ20 for beach/water hunting Gold, I think you will find them most entertaining and very helpful...

Thanks for posting this MudPuppy. Looks great. Now to find an old battery box.

Back
Top Bottom