Finally Found Some GOLD !!

jjm861

Elite Member
Well....the beaches of Southern CA finally started to tear up yesterday. In fact, I went to three different spots, all of which had 3-6 foot cuts.

I am not complaining, but with all the sand movements, I thought for sure I would have found more silver and/or gold. However, I am very happy with the silver cross and the 10k religious pendants. The pendant must have been there a while with all the green that was leaching through. I did a bit of cleaning, but you can still see some the green.

It was also nice to see fellow forum member Compass (George) on the beach. George is great guy and an awesome beach hunter !!

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 364
:dingding: Congrats on getting out and scoring! Hopefully the next one will be sooner rather than later.

Well....the beaches of Southern CA finally started to tear up yesterday. In fact, I went to three different spots, all of which had 3-6 foot cuts.

I am not complaining, but with all the sand movements, I thought for sure I would have found more silver and/or gold. However, I am very happy with the silver cross and the 10k religious pendants. The pendant must have been there a while with all the green that was leaching through. I did a bit of cleaning, but you can still see some the green.

It was also nice to see fellow forum member Compass (George) on the beach. George is great guy and an awesome beach hunter !!

Thanks Jeff! Great to see you again too my friend. I agree- I don't think I ever saw conditions that looked so promising yet yielded fewer precious metal targets than expected. Still a fun day to hunt! :yes:

Thanks for sharing your finds and some of that California Gold! Congratz!

Those pendants usually have a thin gold coating over a lead core, i found found a number of them over the years and they have all been that way...

Back
Top Bottom