AT-Pro Default settings please???

Gorgar

Elite Member
Hi.

My new AT-Pro is stuck with discrimation pixel 1 off, pixel 4 off and pixel 5 off in the coins mode. Shouldn't it only be pixel 1 off?

I can turn these pixels on manually, but this only stay on in custom mode.

Resetting factory defaults by pressing mode for 15 seconds returns if back to 1 off , 4 off and 5 off in coins mode.

I understand pixel 1 being off by default in coin mode, but pixel 4 and 5 off, I do not understand.

Am I missing something. Otherwise it seems to work.

Thanks for some info.

Thank You and I understand that in coin mode it is a good idea to notch out 4 and 5, but the manual shows otherwise in coin mode and no where else at least that I can see....just my opinion....and kind of confusing to me at least. :?: Anyone else see this?

I think someone made a big boo-boo with the coin program picture in the manuals, I just looked & its the same in my hand held manual too...

Thank You. I am new to the AT PRO and noticed 1, 4 and 5 are automatically notched off in coin mode, but the manual shows otherwise and no explanation about 4 and 5, although 4 and 5 off would be a good idea for coin mode. I sent an email of pic to Garrett. If I get an explanation. I will post it. ......unless somewhere else in the manual explains it..... Or my machine is wrong. Kind of confusing. Especially for me! What? Where? How? When?

:D

I had the same question when I first got my AT Pro. A call to Garrett confirmed the manual picture is wrong and that those three pixels are to be blocked out when in coin mode.

I got a very quick reply from Garret Tech Support. Yes. The Owners Manual is wrong. Here was their reply.. My machine is good !

The picture in the manual is wrong, in coin mode the 4th and 5th notch is not lit up. Because in coin mode you don’t pick up pull-tabs. So the coin mode on your machine is the right way, where the picture in the manual is wrong.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Yeah as soon as I saw those notched out I decided not to use the coin mode.

Pull tabs are annoying but gold ear rings are right pretty and I don't want to miss any.

I hunt in coin mode but always go back and turn pixel 4 & 5 back on. I haven't found anything worth mentioning that has fallen in that range but figured with my luck I'd miss something important. Also, knowing my luck, I'll dig pulltabs this way for a year and say to myself 'self, Garrett really knew what they were doing when discriminating out notch 4&5. I have found nothing but pulltabs there so let's go ahead and notch those back out.' Then in some afterlife I'll found out I missed the mother lode the day after I decided to notch those back out.

Good thread. I noticed it too and keep changing it the elimination settings in coin mode.

Re: At Pro

Hi,

I recently sold my Minelab Ex II with the 10" coil and purchased the AT Pro. I took it out today. It was my first time out at the beaches. First Off, I was not sure if this detector would work detecting salt water beaches so I called Garrett and spoke a person in a executive position that has been with the company for over 15 years. This person was very helpful. He told me the AT Pro can detect any beach, Salt or Fresh water and on land with no problem. So, getting back to today, I did not find anything for some strange reason. On the salt water beaches, I had to lower the sensitivity to 3 and up the Iron Disc to 40 because it kept beeping driving me nuts. Once I did this, the detector stopped beeping at everything. So when I was leaving the beach, just for the hell of it, I buried a dime, the detector found it. I then buried a penny, the detector did not detect it. I tried upping the sensitivity, nothing, I tried lowering the iron disc, nothing. I had the detector set to Coins Mode, not in the Pro mode, just regular mode. Why did my detector skip the penny?

Any information will be much appreciated.

If anyone has perfected custom settings for salt water beaches, I would love it if you posted those settings for me.

Also, please do not hate me for selling the Minelab. I was sick and tired of hearing the same tone for every object it hit.

Thanks so much!! Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays!!

Back
Top Bottom