Crotal Bell And Silver

angellionel

Elite Member
This Sunday I was able to get out for a couple of hours after doing some work on my landscape. While I didn't hit on silver, I did find a crotal bell and a dog tag. The bell does look like it has some age to it, but I'm not sure about the dog tag. I also headed out after work today to hit one of my local sites, and picked up two silver coins, six wheaties, the oldest dated 1910, and a boy scout knife.

It was fun working this site, but the iron tends to be a problem.

wilbr_042307A.jpg

This crotal bell I found this past Sunday. It was somewhat deep, but gave a nice tone.

LM_crotal_bell_042207.jpg

LM_crotal_bell_042207B.jpg

I found the dog tag at the same site. I removed the first three digits of the tel. #.

LM_dog_tag_042207.jpg

I hit on silver today. They are not very old, but nice to find in any case. They are dated 1952 and 1957 with no mint mark.

wilbr_1952silverdime_042307.jpg

wilbr_1957silverdime_042307.jpg

This is a neat find. It's a Boy Scouts pocket knife.

wilbr_boyscoutknife_042307.jpg

I love spring!

wilbr_flowers_042307.jpg

HH!

Congrats! Silver is always nice to find. Nice bell too. I guess the person who lost the knife wasn't prepared anymore! WTG

Angellionel,
I,m always impressed with the finds you come up with and even more so with your photos do you have a background in photoghraphy? or is it your camra? either way they're awsome.............................Can I Have It:cool:

Angellionel,
I,m always impressed with the finds you come up with and even more so with your photos do you have a background in photoghraphy? or is it your camra? either way they're awsome.............................Can I Have It:cool:

Thanks, rusty! :)

I've never taken photography. I'm glad the photos are coming out relatively decent though. The camera, a Pentax Optio W20, isn't a high end one, but it does well for my needs. :)

Not that you probably dont already know this but those bells are hand made and very old. They were used in religious ceromonies and used to ward off evil spirits in animials. I've only found one and gave it to the historical society in Windsor, they were gald to have it. Yours looks older than the one I found, probably 17th century great job:shock: !!!!!!!!

Jamie

Excellent finds you have there. Never found a c/bell myself (yet! ) So an

extra- Well done. And a Big Hand. Chop

Attachments

• cheeringcrowduj9.gif
    cheeringcrowduj9.gif
    99.7 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom