Return to barber park yesterday, bucket lister today!

Congrats on the great finds and finally checking off a bucket lister! Being in aviation myself, a set of sterling wings is huge on my bucket list.

Appreciate the comments everyone! Still trying to see if I can find out who owned them. My research shows there was only one Glider pilot from Holyoke, MA:https://www.ww2gp.org/bio-file/bioFileLimited.php?getveteran=4496 BUT, this was found about 16" from the curb almost right on the corner, could have been dropped by someone waiting for the bus, walking by, etc... So, alot to be answered still, alot of puzzles pieces to put together, but it is extremely fun, and I'm glad to have found them. Thanks again everyone!

Imagine ringing a doorbell and someone answers. Was your grandpa named such and such? You get a positive. We're you close? A mos definitely positive. Can you imagine saying, "then I think he would like you to have these."
I found my father's navy bud online. Both on the USS Antietam, CV-36. This guy takes a vacation to Maine to just say hi to me. All I do is hand him my dad's dog tags(pop died of bone cancer in '94). I couldn't hold back the tears.
Hope you find a name and make the circle whole.

Back
Top Bottom