Texas Gulf Coast/Brazoria County Area

Grumpysrb

Forum Supporter
Ran into a member of the local Metal Detecting Club. Gulf Coast Treasure and Recovery Club. They meet at the County Library in Brazoria, Texas on the third Thursday of every month, at 7pm.

Hi grumpy! My name is Josh. My wife n I could possibly make it over there in a couple of weeks to hunt with ya. We were married on the beach in galveston. Are we talking beach surf or dirt?

Lots of beach! So far I haven't had much luck with in town parks. Just a few coins. Found a wedding band at Quintana County Park at the beach and their isn't a lot of trash. Quintana is also the site of a Confederate fort. I'm trying to find out if I can hunt there. It's over grown and not part of the County Park. There's a WW2 gun implacement there too.

Hi Grumpysrb,

There is a local club in the Galveston area, as well as Houston, Tomball, Pasadena and Montgomery County. If you setup any group hunts, let me know. I can probably drag a few of the locals up north of you down.

Grumpy, do you ever do any hunting toward the Beaumont area or on the Bolivar Peninsula? I am new to the area and would love to find someone to talk detecting with.

I haven't been that far east, but can head that way. I have been thinking of hitting the Brazoria County Park near there at San Luis Pass. A lot of shipping went through their in the old days and I've been told many were pirates and some ships have sunk.

I won't be around until about the 7th. I'll PM you when I return and we can set up a place and time.

Sounds good.

Cliff

I haven't been that far east, but can head that way. I have been thinking of hitting the Brazoria County Park near there at San Luis Pass. A lot of shipping went through their in the old days and I've been told many were pirates and some ships have sunk.

I won't be around until about the 7th. I'll PM you when I return and we can set up a place and time.

Hello Grumpy! I live in Brazoria Co....West Columbia....I haven't even got a detector yet! Waiting to get started....! need all the help I can get...alot of history around here!

You guys getting it together down that way are making me jealous. ;)

Well, I joined the local club, BARC, but have run into more people outside of the club. Unfortunately everyone works a different schedule. Being retired I can detect with everyone on their days off. Getting everyone together is a little difficult. Suppsed to detect with one Friday and a new guy Wednesday. Have a former coworker and his girlfriend wanting to try out the hobby too. They almost bought a machine at academy, some off brand, but they were out of them at the time. I gave them some infor and will let them try out my Garretts. I hunt with a Whites dealer, who owns a Fisher, so he may get a sale.

The club, Brazoria County Artifact and Recovery Club, will have a booth at the Brazoria Heritage Days Festival. We will be hidding items in the ground(sand pile) for people to find. Raising funds for the club we will charge $2.00.

The festivaal is from 10a to 6pm.

I am too far from all the 'local' clubs. Replying because I go down to Bolivar and Galveston on occasion. I am trying to increase that, but living far west of Houston makes it a trek and something that needs planning.

Just as an FYI, I may be trying to organize a West Houston group pretty soon... in case anyone was interested.

Thanks for the tip!

:detector:Thanks for the tip on the Brazoria County Club meeting. Went to the meeting last night and met some real fine folks. Joined their club and am looking forward to some fun treasure hunts and socializing.

River Rat

Back
Top Bottom