Not a metal detecting find but real nice

aviationgale

Elite Member
Found this watch while second handing it today. Only 5.00 same as the cheaper ones and they knew it was gold. Second one of these I have found at that price. HH all!

Attachments

• IMG_20161223_165501_539.jpg
    IMG_20161223_165501_539.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20161223_165711_211.jpg
    IMG_20161223_165711_211.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 252
Wow, great find! Did you weigh it? Just curious as to what your $5 got you in gold?

Nice! Once I found a women's bracelet in a closet, on the inside. The door had no inside casing, so it was tucked on the top of the casing.

This happened about 20 years ago and I believe I got $500 for it. :D

The ones your not looking for are always the best and biggest.

I have not weighed it as I do not have scales, but am going to invest in some. Funny thing is I did not have my glasses on and was just passing by the jewelry counter, oh wait, back it up. Asked for the watch and the magnifying glass, she told me it was gold but still priced as the others, what(?).... I'll take it!! I would not even looked at it if I did not already have one very similar. Just dumb luck. I don't think I could ever melt these, I love the intricate etching on these watches, something you don't see very much today. And if you do cha-ching get your wallet out!

I found an old watch that had the name, GUESS,, or something like that. Give $2 for it at a garage sale. Got home and showed it to my wife. Her mouth popped open. Found out later at the jewlery store it was worth arou d $400.00. So, I had them put a battery in it and gave it to the boss.. Good Karma,,, right.... KEN

That is a nice watch.. With a 14K gold case, the works are likely high quality too..perhaps worth fixing if not running, then you could perhaps sell as a collectible...for more than the melt value! Great find! Congrats!:D

Back
Top Bottom