Yesterday's Exciting Hunt

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Saturday was the raft off. What is that you ask. Over 5 thousand boats tied together forming a river in the lake full of people walking up and down drinking everything they can.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/08...reate-longest-raft-off-ever-on-lake-st-clair/

They estimated over 5 thousand boats and 20 thousand people. I counted 8 people with detectors and numerous boats picking up cans for 10¢ each. Kevin and I probably picked up over 20.00 in cans and bottles ourselves.

So what did I find? A 14.95 gram silver necklace and a penny for the short time we were there. It was also a zoo on Sunday and we didn't stay. The necklace wasn't even a fresh drop!

Got lighters and sunglasses a few extra boat parts. I didn't hear of anyone getting a gold ring.

Last edited:
Sigh..... I wish I was there to hunt. Lost my Maui Jim's out there one year, and a 24' Sea Ray the next. LOL.... The sea ray we did find, and bring back to the surface but I was more bummed about the glasses. ROFL

Congrats, though, I'm surprised that is all u found...the again its a lot of area to cover

I know we didn't get any gold, buts that's a nice silver chain. I was surprised to find a 1964 silver rosie in the small amount of change I found.

that water is cold your way,,,,,:lol:was just their again last week for my yearly visit to Sarnia to see my wifes mom,,,,,no detector, just a visit,,,,the boat races sure packed some people around too,,,,,I bet stag Island has got the stuff waiting,,,,,next time gold,,,,they couldn't have got it all,,,,seems like it has been a short summer for you guys,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom