Just saw an Excal "sword" for $325

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Please know I am not selling this....just want to bring attention to the possibilities that are out there for anyone looking to break into the beach/water hunting market....at a cheap price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-Exc...233?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item19f2176291

I know a few of you guys know how to fix these things....and this one is on ebay for $325 with a buy it now price of $435. Seems like a great opportunity.

-David

Condition: For parts. Not working. How much $ to get it into working condition?
Does Minelab even work on these anymore?

How much, who knows. Does minelab work on em...I head that they refuse to touch them. I could be wrong.

An old sword not working for parts is more like 200$...not 395. I could be wrong there too. lol.

Thanks for sharing link. hh an gl -Joe

Condition: For parts. Not working. How much $ to get it into working condition?
Does Minelab even work on these anymore?

Minelabs does not work on them any more and one that is not working I would pass on.... totally.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a unit that I wouldn't think of sending to ML....I or the buyer would just tinker with it and apply enough duck-tape to make it work :yes:

Capt' Silver....that is great to hear. Once again, timing and persistence paid off!

Look at his feedback and location.

If its not working properly or quit working, more than likely salt water got into it somehow- circuit, nick in search coil wire.... Or the guys friend screwed it up.

What would a working one be worth. I know someone who has one. He might sell it if I offered. I have been looking for a beach machine, wrre these any good?

They're as good as the other Excals, until you break or flood it...Minelab doesn't work on them any more, but there's a few guys out there that can do some repairs on them. If it works as it should and doesn't leak when you dunk it...I'd say it's worth $400 or so.

Probably

Leaked and fried, the horse shoe coil is junk, has a good original battery pod, even if you got that machine at that price, your taking a huge loss, OBN is correct, leave that one alone, Earl

I'm not seeing a "Buy it now"? Peoples still bidding on it for over a day left. Probably will pass 500 clams. Not me buddy!:lol:

The last non working Sword on feebay sold for $455...this was last week. It had the red headphones, 10" Tornado coil, a broken battery pod and no charger/adapter...

They're as good as the other Excals, until you break or flood it...Minelab doesn't work on them any more, but there's a few guys out there that can do some repairs on them. If it works as it should and doesn't leak when you dunk it...I'd say it's worth $400 or so.

Really puts things in perspective when u look at the classified section and see used ones listed.for $1k+

I wouldn't buy one unless it was sight seen and working,,,,wouldn't pay more than $350. soon as that thing goes, you are done, unless you can find the parts and have the nohow,,,,HP or coil may be able to be fixed but it is just not worth the chance for a pot or board,,,,at least at $350 you could at least find a couple rings to pay for it before it does break,,,,,the horsehoe coils are supposed to be burning hot,,,,I just cant see how these people are paying these kind of prices for blues and swords,,,,GL HH

I wouldn't buy one unless it was sight seen and working,,,,wouldn't pay more than $350. soon as that thing goes, you are done, unless you can find the parts and have the nohow,,,,HP or coil may be able to be fixed but it is just not worth the chance for a pot or board,,,,at least at $350 you could at least find a couple rings to pay for it before it does break,,,,,the horsehoe coils are supposed to be burning hot,,,,I just cant see how these people are paying these kind of prices for blues and swords,,,,GL HH

It's like a bigfoot coil for the DFX. They can go for a thousand bucks:shock: It quits working your only option is a trashcan:shock:

Back
Top Bottom