Civil war relics?

mwaits1

Anyone still hunt these exclusively? Just lookin for some tips I feel like I have walked over my entire spot lol

I actually go out looking for silver coins and old coppers, but all I've found this year are CW Relics.

I'm not really complaining, but it is odd lol

I've had cw relics show up in spots I did not expect.

I have also searched fields that should have had troops present during the war and came up empty handed. Sometimes being persistent pays off.

CW is my focus

Civil War sites have always been my focus, for the last 25 years. I do hunt Seminole War sites, too, but CW is the main thing for me. Whatcha' wanna know?

Important to remember that 'boundaries' of battles are often misplaced or simply guessed at. Especially in smaller or less famous battles. Often, skirmishes were fought around the battlefields and among retreat routes.

I started this hobby as a coinshooter and now it's primarily relic hunting. Of course I call it amateur archaeology. :lol:

Something neat about coming across a small skirmish site. You find a few Confederate rounds here and a few Union rounds there, all in a narrow line. It's neat that you can play a bit of C.S.I. all off of what YOU come across!

I was just wondering if there are any specific ground or terrain features that might represent a camp or a good spot to look.

Back
Top Bottom