Myrtle Beach detecting

Schrecky

Can anyone recommend a affordable motel on the beach in Myrtle Beach that I would be allowed to use my detector during a stay in September?

Hi Schrecky. Wife and I just got back from MB an hour ago. Did a little MDing there(couple of hours maybe) and found tons of clad coins, a MB token, a hotel room key and other junk. No gold or silver this time.

As for the hotels, we stayed at the Polynesian Resort. Dont let "Resort" fool ya. It is an older hotel that needs some TLC. Room was clean and comfy, clean pool and good staff. It did need some cleaning in the hallways and parking garage. Nothing nasty, just beer cans, and litter. Parking is a little tricky in the garage. The ramp looks like the side of a mountain.(Very steep)
We paid $74.00 a night for ocean front w/private balcony. Not bad for this time of year, considering some were $144 a night. Polynesian is not the Hilton, but we have stayed in MUCH worse in MB.

Others you can try
Gazebo Inn or
Tropical Winds, our favorite hotel in MB.

All these hotels have websites if youwant to check them out. Also, www.tripadvisor.com has some good info on MB lodging.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

BTW...If you like a GREAT breakfast buffet at a good price, try Mammys Kitchen on Kings hiway, two blocks North of the Pavillion. We go there for breakfast everytime we visit MB. Best food in town!

Back
Top Bottom