TOOK OUT THE EXCAL ONCE AGAIN

Brian28jersey

I took my excal out once again today, was anoyed by the little nuiances of the machine like the errant signals that didnt sound like real signals that one gets when over a coin. Found the advantages of going out in low tide i dont know how many people do it. Was pushed ashore by life guards concerned about the schools of blue fish that tend to eat people. I did however see a shool of dolphines feeding on the blue fish. My total take home was about 21 cents in clad. Im still concearned if my machine is working with the weak errant signals im getting. Perhaps there real deep targets. The waves were a pain i might consider scuba gear next year lol.

Brian, it sounds like the sensitivity is set too high? Check your settings and make sure they are set correctly.

If they are set correctly, they may be signals that the excal is trying to disc out. Turn your disc up and see if that helps get rid of them, if it doesn't, they just might be deep signals, you better dig them.

Never heard of schools of bluefish eating people, that's new one!

Bluefish can give one nasty bite!!! Larger ones can remove a finger or two with no problem.

I would also check coil cable connections. Sometimes with loose connectors you can get a false signal with passing swells or quick movement of the coil when submerged. I had this on my Explorer II at the coil connection. A quarter turn of the locking nut made all the difference. Also,make sure that the coil wire is not hanging loosely around your shaft. I use velcro straps to keep things snug since I added my Sunray probe and the coil wire is now external.

Attachments

• SURF FISH.JPG
    SURF FISH.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 179
Ill check the wiring again , i borrowed a gold chain off of sombody and it wasnt picking that up, it seems to pick up coins just find, im gonna see if i can get a freind to do a function test on the machine before i go out once again. Actually i had some one thats knoledgable look at the wiring and he didnt see a problem with it. I was hoping to go out again on tuesday in low tide.
But it strikes me as odd that the thing didnt sing to me when it was over the gold chain.

Brian28jersey said:
Ill check the wiring again , i borrowed a gold chain off of sombody and it wasnt picking that up, it seems to pick up coins just find, im gonna see if i can get a freind to do a function test on the machine before i go out once again. Actually i had some one thats knoledgable look at the wiring and he didnt see a problem with it. I was hoping to go out again on tuesday in low tide.
But it strikes me as odd that the thing didnt sing to me when it was over the gold chain.

Brian Excals don't see chains very well... They can see the chain if something else is on it like a medal... My PI doesn't like chains either, I think I have found 3 since starting water hunting. We don't want chains we want rings :)

Did you get my private message I sent you?

Back
Top Bottom