Tinytec Pinpointers

Would love to find one of these! Hate to spend a fortune on a pin pointer, had not seen these before.

Hi and thanks for the info Truebrit, I appreciate it. Based on that, I found a used Tiny Tec as well and bought it off a forum member, figure it would make a great back up as well as one I can share with folks who may guest hunt. etc. Even if its between the HF and the Garrett, fantastic. Again, thanks for the info and happy hunting.

Ron

You're welcome, Ron! The TinyTec is a great pinpointer! If the one you purchased works properly, you won't be disappointed! Let us know what you think when you try it out!

i ihave a tiny tec that was the frist pin pointer i started with, bought it new ,,the guy would throught dollar coins in the battery compart ment, it was good and changed my level of mding ,,then i got the pro pinter ,whitch was even better, i got a HF pin pointer hardly used, the tinytec would be better then the HF:grin:

I received dollar coins with my TinyTec, too! :grin:

Thanks Bob, that sounds great, hoping to get my new/used one either today/tomorrow... just in time. Will have guests soon and will be hunting with them I'm sure... I'll be using the TT instead of my Propointer (let him use it, as it should be easier for him)... will be so happy to not have to use the HF during this time, lol. At least for me, my HF, drove me bonkers. Am forever checking its sensitivity before using... and it seemed I always have to adjust it, else, yuck. Better than nothing, sure, but if the TT is between it and the PP, fantastic. Thanks again!

Ron

P.S. TrueBrit, sorry if it looks like I hijacked the thread, was not my intent, but am hoping you were all
set as you scored one (yay!). Thanks again, and sorry about that. Appreciate everyone's input
folks.

Ron, the TT is very reliable! Be sure to read the instructions if you receive them with your TT. One tip that is contained in the instruction manual; when you turn the TT on with the blue wheel, it will squeal. As you keep turning the switch, it will eventually stop squealing. After the sound ceases, continue turning the switch just a tad more, in order to stabilize the sensitivity. If you don't take that extra step to turn it a tad more, the sensitivity might be too high, resulting in random beeping even when there is no target.

You're not hijacking the thread at all, Ron! No worries!

Howdy

Hello again, and thanks. Yup, got mine yesterday late afternoon, and followed your advice on setting it, nice! Thing works great! Even the mercury switch seems fine and dandy. Am very pleased with it. Will sniff out a dime at about 2 inches... which is plenty.

Will probably need to get a holster for it to use it with the Mercury Switch, else I am turning it on and off with the wheel, probably not a good thing. Probably best to turn on and tune the way you said TrueBrit, and use the Mercury Switch. This is a nice little affordable unit though like you said. And I find it much much better than the Harbor Freight one, you folks were right on the money. Thanks again for all ya'lls help and information, I appreciate it and am very happy with the purchase and unit.

Ron F.
---------

P.S. Thanks for the deal Dig On, pleasure doing business with you. Shipped nicely, and fast. Appreciate it.

Hello again, and thanks. Yup, got mine yesterday late afternoon, and followed your advice on setting it, nice! Thing works great! Even the mercury switch seems fine and dandy. Am very pleased with it. Will sniff out a dime at about 2 inches... which is plenty.

Will probably need to get a holster for it to use it with the Mercury Switch, else I am turning it on and off with the wheel, probably not a good thing. Probably best to turn on and tune the way you said TrueBrit, and use the Mercury Switch. This is a nice little affordable unit though like you said. And I find it much much better than the Harbor Freight one, you folks were right on the money. Thanks again for all ya'lls help and information, I appreciate it and am very happy with the purchase and unit.

Ron F.
---------

P.S. Thanks for the deal Dig On, pleasure doing business with you. Shipped nicely, and fast. Appreciate it.

Hi, Ron! I'm glad the TinyTec is working out for you! Honestly, I love mine! When it finally gave up the ghost, I really missed it, which is why I wanted to purchase another one! (even though I'm more than happy with my Vibra-Probe 580!)

I would like a holster for mine, too, so I can use the mercury switch more effectively. What I do now is just turn it on with the wheel, and just leave it on for the duration of the hunt. The battery lasts for ages, even in this mode! Happy Hunting!

Great!

Fantastic! Thats what I was wondering, if I just leave it on... battery staying power, thats great to hear. I'll be doing the same thing - thanks.

Yeah, have heard lots of great things about that 580, sounds like a nice pin pointer... maybe next on my list of toys to add to the herd, lol.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Ron

P.S. When you say you just leave it on... do you leave it on with the Mercury Switch set to on, or without?

Back
Top Bottom