Large old silver and lots of clad! *Also found a Key Date Coin*

sandgroper

Elite Member
So far this year, this hunt has probably been my best hunt. Within the six hours, I found four silver coins and just over $21 in change. I'm really starting to like the CTX :)

These old silvers were found at the park where a month ago I found the old 1800's British coins. Today I got a 1922 Australian Florin (I'm very happy about this one, but unfortunately I managed to hit it!), a 1914 English Shilling, a 1939 Australian Sixpence and a 1918 Australian Sixpence. The 1918 sixpence is considered rare with only 915 000 being minted and is therefore considered a key date coin. In Fine condition they are worth about $130 which is not bad! :wow:

No pennies or half pennies today, but maybe next time! :)

Attachments

• florin and shilling.jpg
    florin and shilling.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 453
  • florin and shilling 2.jpg
    florin and shilling 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 411
  • sixpences 1.jpg
    sixpences 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 397
  • sixpences 2.jpg
    sixpences 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 406
  • coins and stuff.jpg
    coins and stuff.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Thats a really nice mix there X! Bonzer! Clad for the gas, and old silver for the Fix! You are certainly multi tasking and maximizing! Love to see this kind of opportunist target display of performance!

Great hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! :D

Thats a really nice mix there X! Bonzer! Clad for the gas, and old silver for the Fix! You are certainly multi tasking and maximizing! Love to see this kind of opportunist target display of performance!

Thanks Mud! I was mainly out there for the oldies and the clad came as 'by catch'! I've never found that many 1c coins in one hunt before! :grin:

Awesome hunt! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you jwp! :)

Nice work, it's always a kick to find silvers! Congrats :yes:

Thanks BbsGal! I love finding those old silvers!

Great finds! I enjoy seeing coins, etc from other places, such as Australia. Went to Sydney and Cairns once; had a great trip!

Great finds! I enjoy seeing coins, etc from other places, such as Australia. Went to Sydney and Cairns once; had a great trip!

Thanks! Did you do any metal detecting on your visit to Australia?

Congrats on the 4 vintage silvers and the $20+ in clad...definitely a fine day of digging!

Thanks Captain! Finding old silvers is always a treat for me because the area where I live in is very new.

Nice batch of finds! Like the key date!

Thank you! It's in nice condition too! :)

Back
Top Bottom