100th piece of silver fty and another kind of fishing

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, been doing a lot of kayaking and freshwater fishing this year, plus my big day is September 8th, so detecting has really taken a back seat for the time being. I've had a few short hunts with some minor success, and last night I dug my first silver in quite awhile. A 1943 S war nickel. Its been tough getting up the courage after having to sell the best machine I've ever owned, but glad I still have an FBS machine. Hope everyone is doing well, and until next time, thanks for looking and happy hunting! :grin:

Attachments

• 0814171603.jpg
    0814171603.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 518
  • 0820172330.jpg
    0820172330.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 501
  • 0820172330a.jpg
    0820172330a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 487
Nice bass. I haven't thrown a line in freshwater this year and only been out in the salt a handful of times. Congrats on the big day!

Nice! Just finished the trailer the other week, need to hook up for some fishing. Hey, silver is a silver! :clapping:

Congrats on the big day Jeff! My 25th anniversary is just 4 days later. Hope you and your girl have an awesome day!
Nice job hitting 100 silvers too!

Congrats on your 100th piece of silver for the year, the nice bass and your upcoming big day. I'm also an avid fisherman but haven't thrown a line in since March thanks to my increased interest in dirt fishing!

Nice bass. I haven't thrown a line in freshwater this year and only been out in the salt a handful of times. Congrats on the big day!

Nice! Just finished the trailer the other week, need to hook up for some fishing. Hey, silver is a silver! :clapping:

Congrats on the big day Jeff! My 25th anniversary is just 4 days later. Hope you and your girl have an awesome day!
Nice job hitting 100 silvers too!

Huge congratulations on number 100!

Nice bass. I enjoy kayak fishing as well.

Congrats on your 100th piece of silver for the year, the nice bass and your upcoming big day. I'm also an avid fisherman but haven't thrown a line in since March thanks to my increased interest in dirt fishing!

Nice war nickel and bass! Congrats on hitting 100.

Nice work. Congrats on the bass and #100!

Congrats on both!

Congrats Jeff on reaching the century mark on Silvers. Oh the Bass is a very nice reward also. Jack

Nice fish and congrats on the War nickel for the 100th piece of silver!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments and looks!

Jeff, congratulations on #100 as well as the nice bass! Its been a slow year on my end, only 16 silver coins for the year, but 25-30 Indian heads. Most of my detecting has been the pounded parks in Worcester county. My best finds were a 1894 o barber dime (probably vg+) an a 1900 Victorian dime (xf-xf+) that may be worth having professionally graded. I'm hoping to find some new areas this fall; at least I'm learning how to operate the Deus better.

Best,

Mike

Jeff, congratulations on #100 as well as the nice bass! Its been a slow year on my end, only 16 silver coins for the year, but 25-30 Indian heads. Most of my detecting has been the pounded parks in Worcester county. My best finds were a 1894 o barber dime (probably vg+) an a 1900 Victorian dime (xf-xf+) that may be worth having professionally graded. I'm hoping to find some new areas this fall; at least I'm learning how to operate the Deus better.

Best,

Mike

Thanks Mike! Those sound like quality coins! Would love to see them soon. Hopefully we can get out this fall and get in some hunting!

100!?!? Already? Man that is awesome! I think I have a little over 30 so far. I need to get to work. :lol: Congrats man! That is outstanding!

Well... 80 coins and 20 sterling pieces but the first time I've reached the century mark ever, so that's pretty cool! I appreciate the comment bud :grin:

Taking names and kicking bass....a war nickel is a good one to hit that mark with! Don't know how much you've used the EX2 but it ain't no slouch! Lots of coils to do what you need too...awesome machine.

Taking names and kicking bass....a war nickel is a good one to hit that mark with! Don't know how much you've used the EX2 but it ain't no slouch! Lots of coils to do what you need too...awesome machine.

Very little, but I've used an XS extensively and its one of my favorite explorers. Ill probably end up with a deus or etrac when it's all said and done, wish I could have multiple machines but the time will definitely come when that's a possibility. I appreciate the comment bud!

Back
Top Bottom