• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Volleyball Court

Alana

So yesterday, my husband and I went out to a volleyball court, and worked for about an hour. For some reason he got allllll the finds on his side of the court, and I got almost nothing!:mad::p

However, it was fun, and it was nice to dig in all that sand.

I found some kind of a charm, maybe silver. At least it was coming up silver on the detector. So, we will see what it turns out to be. I am thinking it may be junk. I will post a pic soon. Gotta find the camera. I also found a dime. I had a lot of problems getting a repeatable hit. I am not sure if it was due to the sand or me just being inexperienced.

Oh, I almost forgot about the gum wrapper and the bobby pin!

Andcal, my dh, found about .78 cents and a lot of pull tabs. We are definitely going back there. There were a lot of other places to hunt around this court.

Just had to post. Reading these forums has sure opened my eyes to the city around me. I find that if we go more than a few days without detecting, I get irritable.:lol:

Something you might try -at this same place, go over it again but set the detector real low on disc & dig most signals. You might be surprised at what you missed the first time. In volleyball courts there's not too much trash usually so it shouldn't be a drag digging it all. Good luck, Steve in so az

Congrats on your finds. Maybe your 'team' was just more careful of their stuff then Hubby's 'team' so that's why he found the goods. Yep, I agree with you in that I NEED to dig pretty often. It's a great stress reliever. Good Luck on future hunts and next time it's your turn to find goodies. : )

Sounds like you had fun!

Thanks for sharing your 'hunt'. Gum wrapper and bobby pin...(I'm smiling)...I know the feeling. I hate pieces of foil on the ground that sound off like something good.

I agree with you...no matter what the finds, it's an enjoyable time. I just got my Garrett pro-pointer and am looking forward to trying it out. Hope your pointer arrives soon. Best of luck on your next hunt.

Go back and swap sides with hubby. Then you can see if it was you or the lot.
If you need to get dialed in better, then you will know.
It is cool that you can hunt together. My wife would rather watch American Idol...

Bob

AndCal, ha ha, gotta love the Silver uMax, your comment had me rolling.

I also have the Silver uMax, great machine.

Naw, couldn't be the machine - or could it? :D

Hey - little secret, if your wife starts to get frustrated while hunting... carry a few quarters or dimes with you on the next hunt, and when she is not looking, throw one or two in her path. Instant Happy!

Just kidding... would never do that to "my" wife. ;)

All in all, ya'll sound like you are having fun, thats what its about - enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom