Should I detect here? Or here?

It's A Trap!

Door number one:
French and Indian war encampment. 1500 soldiers camped there for a day. About 60 acres most of which is covered by a shopping center, the other parts are covered by a 50s drive-in theater and woods to the north of the theater.

Door number two:
Late 1800s farm/1920s thru 1948 dance hall. Located in a public park. There was a log cabin, barn, dance hall, orchard, beer garden, food stands and some other small buildings.

Mmmm.. Tough choice..

How bout both?! :lol: Why limit yourself when you can detect both?

If I had to pick I would say the second one first then the first one second (lol) :cool:

If it was only one I would pick #2, might be more opportunity for silver coins, but if you are relic hunter #1 is the obvious choice.

what they ^ all said. :yes:

i think either of those places are going to have their share of trash, but i agree: for relics, door #1, for older coins and stuff, door #2.
the farmhouse/dancehall might be a good choice for the simple fact that people tend to drink at dances and drinking means losing things! ;)
but whichever you chose, good luck! keep us posted with how you do. :yes:

Pete

Both! For me, I would hit the drive-in first. where the kids played and the consession area. then the parking area, people were getting in and out of their cars a lot at drive-ins. a lot of them would put blankets out for the kids and lawn chairs for themselves out by their cars.

I also am in the both camp. I would change this in the case of door number one if the Drive-In area was going to be developed soon.

Trap,

Im on the side of the Drive in area first, You mentioned lastnight in the chat room you wanted to find older coins. After seeing the map and areal of the location u sent me I would say the wooded area behind the drive in to start. I think the parking lot would be so compressed from all the cars driving on it , it would be difficult digging area, (my opinion) ..... Let me know how you make out. Both spots have potential. good luck my friend let me know how it goes

With my luck the encampment would have been where the shopping center is & the route they took in & out of the place is now the paved road... :lol:

I would hunt #2... Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom