New digging tool

daveinoregon

Elite Member
I've gone through several cheap digging tools and was looking for something better. Was going to by a Lesche and then I came across this unit. It is cheaper, lifetime warranty, sturdy,good balance and feel, sharp cutting edge and serrrated cutting edge and has a sheath with a catch on it so it wont fall out as you are walking around or bending over.

I love this tool. Just wanted to let you all know about it for a good alternative digging tool.

Enclosed some pics..

Monolyth

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is not good!
TabDog thinks he sees pics....I still don't.
Either one of us is crazy, or I have gone blind!

Maybe Tabdog is funnin' us...

I can get into that.

Hey TabDog...check out these recent pics of me hanging out in Vegas with my 3 supermodel girlfriends.
The last one was taken just after I hit that 1.5 million dollar slot!

I could use it on all of those silver and gold coins that I have been finding. :lol:
Seriously, he's probably got a good digger and will have pictures as soon as he gets things worked out. I'm always interested in seeing new designs.

How much did that cost you? I think im going to pick one up so I dont get people looking at me like Im carrying a machete.

Get a Lesche or a Predator - otherwise you will just end up buying another digger.. get quality... it pays off. RickO

Amen--after buying a second digger for 30 dollars if one breaks, (not saying yours will) you're already more in the hole than if you just bought a Lesche. I swear by mine. :yes: HH
NC

I have bought the cheap digging tools from lowes or home depot and have broke or bent all of them maybe the 30 dollars is worth it in the long run I will wait and see before I buy it ask around alittle. But it looks nice. My son and I mite not find much but maybe we will look good with all out new equipment:lol::lol::lol

Looks exactly like the one I have That is a TRUE TEMPER 7-1 digger by PlantersBuddy, I got it at LOWES for $12.98, I have had no problems with it yet. Looks about the same to me for a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• DIGGER.jpg
    DIGGER.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 370
Get a Lesche or a Predator - otherwise you will just end up buying another digger.. get quality... it pays off. RickO

Japan passed a law forbidding carrying blades greater than just a couple inches so I had to retire my big bladed diggers. Though techically garden tools they kept bringing me unwanted attention by the police. Never got me into trouble but wasn't worth making people feel uncomortable.

So I went to the garden store and shopped around. I went through half a dozen cheapos. Most failed within 2 hours...kept trying new brands whenever one failed.

I finally hit a good one..also cheap maybe $8 trowel with a serrated edge. and have been using it for over a year and a half!

Looks exactly like the one I have That is a TRUE TEMPER 7-1 digger by PlantersBuddy, I got it at LOWES for $12.98, I have had no problems with it yet. Looks about the same to me for a lot cheaper.

Bingo, same thought as me, and thats the same one I use. I like to occasionally take it to the grinder to keep a nice sharp edge on it, and it hacks through the ground quite wonderfully. True temper one all the way, actually thinking of buying another couple just to stock up, in case. Wouldn't mind having a nice case for it though.

lifetime warranty

Always a good selling point no matter the price. Unfortunately, "lifetime" warranties only last as long as the companies that issue them. And some companies bank on the fact that their products will fail but consumers will never bother with the warranty because it's easier and cheaper to buy a new item than go through the trouble of getting the warranty honored.

I think the best way to research the quality of a product is to gather as much info and history from a broad base of users (like the members of this forum). It's one reason I'm leaning toward a Lesche or a Predator digging tool. They cost more than I want to pay, but I've heard so many good things about them from the folks here that if I buy one I'm confident that I won't be looking for a replacement anytime soon.

Bingo, same thought as me, and thats the same one I use. I like to occasionally take it to the grinder to keep a nice sharp edge on it, and it hacks through the ground quite wonderfully. True temper one all the way, actually thinking of buying another couple just to stock up, in case. Wouldn't mind having a nice case for it though.

I also use the True Temper digger from Lowe's. I was actually trying to find it online to show here but couldn't (didn't feel like walking out to the car to see the name of the thing, ha!), then scrolled down and saw it posted. I didn't get a neat little holster for it, but it was only $13.00 and comes with a warranty as well (if I'm not mistaken). Works perfectly and is as sturdy as anything I've come across.

Hey TabDog...check out these recent pics of me hanging out in Vegas with my 3 supermodel girlfriends.
The last one was taken just after I hit that 1.5 million dollar slot!

I like the one on the left,

she's my type.

Congrats on tha 1 1/2 mil.

Maybe you can get you one of them fancy diggers,

Tabdog

Back
Top Bottom