• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

coil bolt

mattpalif

Hi, I have a Garrett GTA 500 that I have not used in a while. I want to start using it again and all I have is a hot head coil. The original nylon coil bolt does not fit on this coil and I would like to get a new one that is big enough. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I may be able to get a new bolt? Would a hardware store have this?

What's the hole size that you have there? I can get you the bolt and nut with washer combo if the size is right.

We went to Home Depot, and in the toilet accessories department, picked up some plastic bolts and nuts that go with the toliet seats lol

They are the perfect size for the hole, and you can trim off any excess. ;)

thank you to Carol and Tony. I have heard from other people that have tried Home Depot. I will try that and if that doesnt work I will take you up on that Tony.

That is a great idea, the nylon bolt on my x-terra holds weak at best. Maybe a newer nylon bolt would work better. I hav a spare aluminum bolt and plastic nut that came with my first bounty hunter detector, but I thought it may wreak havoc on my detector readings. Thanks for the great idea though :grin:

Back
Top Bottom