Depth Enhancement

Brian

Elite Member
Now I know its almost April Fools day but a liquid has just come on the market that is supposed to neutralise ground mineralisation. Spray it on....it turns to a bio degradeable foam and depth on finds is increased by up to 50% for up to twenty minutes.
I would say its got to be a hoax but the Depth Doubler worked so who knows !
I'll post as I find out more.

Did that depth doubler really work? I saw it advertised a few years ago, next thing I knew it was half priced then I saw no more mention of it.

The Depth Doubler worked fine but as is the norm in detecting you had the drawback....it also doubled the depth and target masking of any iron in the ground.
The spray on liquid that turns to foam has got to be a hoax but a site linked to the Russian Pathfinders Detectors had a guy who was experimenting with wetting the ground with different fluids (on the basis I suppose that most machines detect deeper in wet ground) and had found one or two that did allow better detection of small gold. again problems as they all were either dangerous or could not be allowed to get into a local water supply.
Anyone remember the Iron Eliminator for the Spectrum and XLT ? A test tube of alloy like powder that you held near the head of your machine. Depending on the angle the tube was held at you could increase or reduce iron rejection. It could be demonstrated picking up a small coin in a handful of nails. Again drawbacks of depth loss and the machine became very lifty.

Back
Top Bottom