My Metal Detecting Store

West Texas John

Forum Supporter

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 460
My friend John has posted his link, I talk to him several times a week on the telephone. John has been going to a few of the treasure shows in his end of the country. So maybe he will take the time to post what those are like for those who never attended one.

Ok mighty fine Pete. They are called gold shows which are sponsored by the GPAA along with a local chapter. They have drawings for free metal detectors and prospecting gear. Also there are many speakers about gold prospecting, metal detectors and how to use them, the technical side of these machines we use. You will see many dealers with a myriad of metal detectors, prospecting equipment, gold pans, books and lots of great advice to the attendees! Of course you can buy gold nuggets too. These are usually held near a goldfield to get more prospector types to come in.

Also gun shows aren't too bad a deal too. Of course most all you find there is gun related except in a situation where you could see John's Detectors setup for business!

There are also local flea markets and trade shows with everything under the sun for sale. You can find anything from guitars to miniature horses and metal detectors in amongst the antiques and crafts.

And then there is the biggy called "The World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup" in Sweetwater,Tx. There is a carnival, lots of rattlesnake meat and other eats with the chili and bar-b-que cookoffs. Then the "Coin and Gun Show" next door to the roundup. There is of course metal detectors for sale there too.

So there is a lot more to mention but some of you may want to come to the rolling plains of West Texas and look around, you never know what your going to find! So this is an example of the happenings here in Texas and there is treasures to be found and relics waiting to be unearthed by you, come on down friends!

West Texas John

Attachments

• 2006_0415Image0002.jpg
    2006_0415Image0002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 441
John is sending me some rattlesnake rattles for putting on my Black Western Hat. So when I get them, I'll see about posting them on the site here.

Speaking of those odd and end sales, this weekend I seen a branding iron at a garage sale. I told them they could get more for it if they put it in with the wedding stuff. ;)

Thanks John, I went to the mailbox and the package was there. John sent me those rattlesnake rattles and threw in one of the many books he has for sale.

Attachments

• PDRM0008.jpg
    PDRM0008.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 385
  • PDRM0010.jpg
    PDRM0010.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 372
Your very very welcome Pete. I hope you enjoy the book. I will go and find some more Rattlers so I can get their rattles and send you some more. Take care my friend and I wish you many blessings.

John T.

I'm about to start reading the first chapter of the book, it covers the Trans-Pecos Desert. The Lost Sublett Mine: Says here William Sublett was a poor soul whose whole life was nothing but hard luck and trouble, then he discovered one of the richest mines in all of Texas.....

thats a big snake! here a go..i fixed it for ya.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 342
catch em and send me the meat :lol: i havent had rattler in years...kinda forgot what it taste like. {chicken i suppose lol}

Thanks Relic Hound for repairing the pic for me. That looks good. Ok take care and Come to the World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater,Tx. next March and there is always some on the grill, guaranteed to please!

John Tomlinson,CET

That stick you're holding the snake with needs to be about twice that long before I'll hold it.:shock::D

Hi Txrider, Actually I am holding him with a set of tongs. But it is easier to handle a big snake with a short tong. I have another pic and it shows his head. I may post it. I must say he was pretty hefty! I will find that other pic and maybe Relichound can fix it like the first one. Ok take care Txrider.

John Tomlinson,CET
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas!

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 290
Dayum, that is one big snake... would make a good meal.. for about 20 people.... I like rattler meat... does NOT taste like chicken... RickO

Thank you John

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to John for coming through for me having a Tesoro Tiger Shark.

I called all over the U.S. looking for one and he came through for me, thanks again,

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rich, you are very welcome and I'm glad I was able to come through for you. I will get back to you tomorrow with a tracking number and it will ship USPS since I forgot tomorrow is Saturday !! I am sure that you got the only one still available in the U.S.. Good hunting and chat to you soon. God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET

Back
Top Bottom