Pirate Take Thyself to the Beach Day!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Yesterday was what’s become a joke in our school system – “Take Your Child to Work Day’. It has generally become nothing more than a free day for most kids to take a day off from school – especially at the secondary level. I was looking at the tide and surf conditions Thursday for Friday and saw that low tide would be around 3:45pm and that the surf would be flat. :thumbsup: Needless to say, I asked the boss for permission to leave early on Friday since the school would be close to a ghost town. I loaded all my equipment and took it to school so that I could leave to the beach straight from work saving some time.

I was in the water detecting by 1:30 and hunted until 6pm. I found a nice spot that I worked hard and that’s where the 1st silver ring showed up. The chain I was hoping would at least be something good but alas its stainless steel. :roll: I talked to 1 of the other 4 pirates that I saw and he only managed a silver ring like mine as well at that time. On my way back came the 2nd silver ring which looks just like a silver band that I found last year and I was wearing. I mention this because when I get home I noticed that it was missing from my finger. I realized I must’ve lost it when I took off my gloves getting out of the water when I ended my hunt. Oh well, at least it wasn’t gold because those really fit! ;) No yellow today but getting out and getting 2 silvers makes it better than a great day at work!

Attachments

• 2-2-18 Sexton.jpg
    2-2-18 Sexton.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 2-2-18.jpg
    2-2-18.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 2-2-18 Santeria.jpg
    2-2-18 Santeria.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 2-2-18 Santeria (2).jpg
    2-2-18 Santeria (2).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 359
Nice to get out for an after work hunt :yes: That lumpy swell can still manage to push me around enough to make it annoying to scoop and sway :p But based on how windy it's been those are nice conditions.

Felix.. what do you do with those decrepit pennies that are named after you? I mean really... up here they wouldn't work in the coin counter machines because they go by weight... do you sling them in those red buckets during the holiday season? :lol:

Good job on the silver :)

Nice hunt

Yes , What do you do with those heavy encrusted pennies, do you tumble them Felix, they look pretty shot, what kind of shades did you find Ray Ban's :?:

Felix.. what do you do with those decrepit pennies that are named after you? I mean really... up here they wouldn't work in the coin counter machines because they go by weight... do you sling them in those red buckets during the holiday season?

Yes , What do you do with those heavy encrusted pennies, do you tumble them Felix, they look pretty shot, what kind of shades did you find Ray Ban's :?:

As for the pennies I'll hammer them on a flat surface 1st and then tumble. Many won't make it, but I try! The sunglasses are cheapo's Earl.

Another few days and I will be out of this fluffy white stuff and singe digit temps. Right close to your neighborhood!! I don't care if all I find is Felix pennies!

Congrats on getting out. Beautiful pictures.

Back
Top Bottom