Check coin machines at banks

joecatch

My local credit union at each location has those coin machines where you dump coins in and it credits your account. They are very nice as you don't have to reroll the rolls after you CRH and all the coins you find MD'ing (just make sure you clean them up first). Plus they are very nice because alot of people don't check the reject bin and you can sometimes found some good change left behind.

I went to my CU today and in one machine found 85 cents. Another time I found that amount in Canadian coins.

Of course I also find money left behind at the CoinStar machines in super markets, etc. It is all free money.

JC

My local credit union at each location has those coin machines where you dump coins in and it credits your account. They are very nice as you don't have to reroll the rolls after you CRH and all the coins you find MD'ing (just make sure you clean them up first). Plus they are very nice because alot of people don't check the reject bin and you can sometimes found some good change left behind.

I went to my CU today and in one machine found 85 cents. Another time I found that amount in Canadian coins.

Of course I also find money left behind at the CoinStar machines in super markets, etc. It is all free money.

JC

Nice tip!

Hmm makes me want to walk by the coinstar machine to check the reject chute. Almost will be like those people who checked payphones for change when payphones were still in existence :D
But I'd almost feel kind of weird doing that too. But I guess if I don't suck it up I don't get anything.

I found 0.75$ at circle K in the coin return slot today for the second time in like two weeks.

I would love to own one of those machines just to go through the change at the end of the month!

Hmm makes me want to walk by the coinstar machine to check the reject chute. Almost will be like those people who checked payphones for change when payphones were still in existence :D
But I'd almost feel kind of weird doing that too. But I guess if I don't suck it up I don't get anything.

Yeah but people are saying that the coinstar machines reject the silver because the weight is off. Maybe it uses weight to validate authenticity. So people are finding silver and odd foreign coins in the reject slot.

Why am I telling roll this he lives near me, and is an Alabama fan?

When I am short a dime at a drink machine, I almost always find a quarter or two under the machine, depending on how bad I want to look and be seen doing so.

Back
Top Bottom