• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett At-max or Minelab equinox 600

Al19067

I been out of the game for 2 years now and im getting the itch to start back up again, I recently moved to Millsboro De ( its 20 mins from OCMD and Rehobeth beach), so I will be detecting land and beach. The last detector I used was Atpro and Minelab x-terra 705 and I love them both, im looking at either getting the Garrett At-max or Minelab equinox 600, which one do u guys think is better? Thanks

I was considering both of those and went with the Equinox. No regrets!! It is an amazing detector!! Go with the Nox!

I got the Max and then got the equinox. Both good machines but the equinox slams all other machines. The hype on this machine is so real!

Nox, no contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how well the AT max works in saltwater conditions, but minelab tech has always been some of the best tech for saltwater. Im gonna follow the choir and say EQ600 or 800. GL&HH!

Not wanting to cause more confusion, but I have a new AT-Max package (and a new Lesche shovel) only used twice for a couple hours total, No scratches/scuffs/dings or dents. I purchased it new last month and then decided to change directions and dive in a bit deeper. I'll make you a heck of a deal on it. Take advantage of my indecisiveness. LOL:D

I been out of the game for 2 years now and im getting the itch to start back up again, I recently moved to Millsboro De ( its 20 mins from OCMD and Rehobeth beach), so I will be detecting land and beach. The last detector I used was Atpro and Minelab x-terra 705 and I love them both, im looking at either getting the Garrett At-max or Minelab equinox 600, which one do u guys think is better? Thanks

I'm an AT Max user, and would have totally recommended that, but you're already familiar with Minelabs. Hence. my recommendation would be to go with the Nox.

Makes the most sense, considering the learning curves, and capabilities. Go for it. :)

I'm an AT-MAX user. Love the machine and have found many fun things. I can't compare it to the Nox, because I've never used one, but I've seen reports that the Nox really excells at unmasking targets in iron. The AT-MAX has been a great machine for me, but that Simultaneous Multi-Frequency with the Nox (at the same price point)is probably the way to go.

I have been using my AT Pro for the past 6 years, its a great machine in the dirt and fresh water but not so much in salt water or wet sand. I looked at both the Nox 600/800 and the AT Max when I was looking for a new machine to take to the beach, I bought the Nox 600. The price was good and I felt like I really wasn't gaining anything by having an AT Pro and an AT Max. I went back and forth for a couple of months trying to decide am I am happy with my decision. I still have and use the AT Pro but now I have options. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Back
Top Bottom