• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

equinox multi-freq v.s. pinpoint target id#

Mikey48

Forum Supporter
anyone know what frequency the equinox pinpoint mode runs on?

I have noticed that the multi-freq target id number sometimes shifts during pinpoint, and that may be a good indicator of target's metalic make up. My first inclination is that targets that down-shift are bad; stable targets more apt to be good. I don't remember getting any upshifts yet, so don't have an idea on that.

Good question. I am surprised this has not been discussed yet. I think you are right about the downshift as I have used that method to help sniff out trash on other detectors. Hopefully someone can chime in with more insight and info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I will try to take a notebook along and keep track next time I go out. I'll dig all the signals that jump until I either get tired of it, or figure out a reliable pattern.
Then there will be solid data/target info.

anyone know what frequency the equinox pinpoint mode runs on?

I have noticed that the multi-freq target id number sometimes shifts during pinpoint, and that may be a good indicator of target's metalic make up. My first inclination is that targets that down-shift are bad; stable targets more apt to be good. I don't remember getting any upshifts yet, so don't have an idea on that.

I am not sure but this is a very good question. Its some sort of all metal mode. I have noticed the numbers change though. I haven't relied on the numbers for the most part in the PP mode.

Back
Top Bottom