Cape Hatteras NC hunting

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I am planning a trip to an RV Resort near Waves, Hwy 12, Rodanthe NC the end of April. Is anyone familiar with the area that could tell me a close by place to hunt? The NC Winnebago group is having their State Rally there and it sure looks like there are a lot of beaches there. Coming up from South Georgia. Any help would be appreciated. Jim

It is my understanding that a lot of the island is in the National Seashore and metal detecting is forbidden. Some maps show the National Seashore. Maybe some one from that area can give you better information.

You can detect on the north end up near Kill Devil Hills , someone here will let you know where. There's a pier that is a starting point, but can't remember the name of it. If it comes to me I'll post it for you.

Do a search in this section of the forum and you can find more info on the legal areas to hunt there. And you're right , jail is no fun , and expensive.

From Nags head south you can not hunt from Nags head north you can. Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills are the places to hunt as they get the most tourist. South is alot of year rounders

Back
Top Bottom