Two yoopers and a golf course

YooperBSN

So, yesterday I went on my first "buddy hunt" with Yooper69 at a 150 acre country club that has been in operation since 1911. Safe to say, I got put through my paces but I ended up going home with a 1964 Rosie, '30, '40, '46, '48, and '50S wheat pennies (another escapee from Tom's kingdom); a NCV token; a gear shaped ring/ball marker; and the $2.75 in clad that I had managed to dig up while trying to keep up with Yooper69--something that was no small feat with a jacked up right knee and a broken toe LOL! On the way home from the golf course, stopped at an old looking house and did a cold knock and received permission to hunt on the 1893 homestead anytime I want. Funny thing was that I ended up knowing the owners as I had cared for the owner's father. All in all, it was a fantastic day! All of my pics from this hunt are posted on my Imgur site (https://imgur.com/gallery/ArwshtQ) but here are the highlights. A BIG thanks to Yooper69 for letting this rookie tag along and slow him down!!

t9AKDYe.jpg
icYhDMw.jpg
586Te5d.jpg
VO5j7mM.jpg
DfIXOds.jpg

Nice! Hoping to get out soon with one or both of you. Soon as tax return comes in, my machine will be on order. Still debating the AT Max or Nox 600 but that’s for another thread. Until then, happy hunting to you both!

Hopefully next time we will have better results. I have pounded that places over and over already pulling many silvers. I have no doubt there is more there but it's time for somewhere new. It was still and fun day and nice meeting with you. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sounds like a fun hunt except for your injuries . I can feel the pain just looking at the picture . If I had your skills I think I would have given myself a local anesthetic before hunting with that toe and the jacked up knee .Nice going on your silver dime .I've been out three times so far this year and the only silver I've found is a mangled up ring missing its stone ( too ugly to even post ) . I salute you for getting out even with your injuries ! Two Yoopers sounds super !

Buck up lil camper! In the words of the great Shane Falco. "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever!". It was a good day out with a buddy with memories to boot!

Them little toes can bring big pain. And when they are black and blue seems like they find every way in the world to touch something.

Good finds

Two Yooper's on one hunt and both having some digging fun. Glad Andrew you met up with Mike and enjoyed the outing. I have plans to spend some time with that Pirate a little later this year. Hope you two can do it again and find a lot of success. Trapper

Thanks everyone! It was a great to be able to spend time with someone who has been doing this a whole lot longer than I. I thought I was going to need a "toe truck" at one point during the day when I biffed it on a patch of ice and kissed the parking lot pavement LOL.

Back
Top Bottom