Excaliber on land?

snorkel

Wondering if anyone with an Excaliber has used it on land, parks / fields, etc.
I've only ever used mine at the beach and primarily in the water, but curious to know how they perform on dry land compared to other machines.

Wondering if anyone with an Excaliber has used it on land, parks / fields, etc.
I've only ever used mine at the beach and primarily in the water, but curious to know how they perform on dry land compared to other machines.

I have hunted with mine on land.... Not much of a difference in my opinion except you will dig more trash than normal. I figured it was on par with my Etrac(at the time) in terms of depth

The Sovereign is very close to the Excal, and some people actually like the Sov. for land hunting.

Personally I dislike the sounds of them. The long "tail" on the signals is annoying. So the only place I ever adapted to them, was on the beach. I did try my Excal on park-turf hunting once. And yes it went deeper than my land-machine at that time would go. But the pinpointing is very fishy (which isn't an issue when you're on the beach).

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's many people using either on land. Because there's been machines since then that go equally as deep in disc, without the long tail in the sounds. But some people actually adapted to it, so maybe there's still a few out there doing it.

I have used the Excal out in the desert where it is sandy- like the beach. Worked pretty well there but I've never used it in the dirt or in grass.

The Excal works well on the dirt but you will dig a lot more trash because a lot of the tones are very close to the items that you want to dig. I had a good day down in Ga using my Brother in laws machine. We were coin hunting.

That can depend on a lot of things..... mostly conditions, like hot rocks, iron and trash. Hunting in disc in those conditions with its recovery wouldnt give a lot of separation. Obviously hunt with what you have ..... but if you were buying one for this purpose there certainly are better machines and most come with a TID screen and good target ID. That long sound ...... Tom, id like to have it on the Nox..... but then id like to have an Xcals PP mode on the Nox as well.

I love my Excal in the water. There are many other machines I'd rather use on land.

Used my Excal 7 yrs (until I got the CTX); hunted beaches during the Winter and land during the Summer. Prefer both the CTX 3030 and Equinox 800 for land use. Just always felt the Excal is a beach/water machine first and fore most. Lack of coil replacement, easily anyways, always hindered its use in trash areas and tight spots. Further, because land hunting and recovering targets is a B**** compared to beach hunting, I always want the most info, including VDI numbers (and features like filtering junk targets) before digging a target of interest. Excal is a great WATER machine.

Im pretty good with an Excal at the beach. Also versed in the NOX800 and I have a lot of time with a 3030. With that said, when it comes to park hunting, my old AT Gold KILLED all three of these other machines. They all have their places but for some reason that 600 dollar basic machine was a beast at finding the goods. I think my hair would be pulled out if I hunted a park with my Excal 800.

Back
Top Bottom