Finally, It Warmed Up To -2 C / 28.2 F And I Got Some Coin!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
It's been frikk'n cold up here in Edmonton. Several days ago, we recorded the coldest day in North America, at -42C with the wind. My 5 year old battery was useless to start my car, so I had to replace it with a new one. When I got to the store, there was a line up with people also buying a new car battery. Well, it's been warming up the last few days. I had today off, so I headed to a couple of snow hills and found a total of 5 coins, equaling $3.30. A nice workout, transversing hills for nearly 3 hours.

Attachments

• DSCN2553.JPG
    DSCN2553.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 290
Those Minus temps are the reason I do not live in the north I don't go detecting unless it is above 50F. I remember how cold those -temps were when I was growing up. Did not like the cold then don't like it now.

I doubt my detector and I would function very well under those conditions. :fright:

Ha! Here either. I have to say though, I have been enjoying out sub-40F temps though. Just chilly enough to be refreshing and just warm enough that a few layers keeps me warm enough to go most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom