Beautiful day Monday, and my buddy and I had a pretty good hunt...

steveg

Elite Member
Hi all!

It was a beautiful day here on Monday -- and my buddy and I got out for some digging. We hit a park that I had never hunted before, but he's been there several times over the years. As all of our city parks are, it's been well hunted, but after a couple of hours I lucked into a little "hot spot." It was a very small area, as it turns out -- maybe 30' x 30' maximum -- but I started hitting deep coins. Each one was at least 7" deep, but most of them were Garrett Pro-Pointer deep (8" to 9"), the deepest pushing 10". My guess is that for whatever reason, the coins ended up deeper than normal in this little area (I know a layer of sod had been installed here, as I was cutting through that plastic "mesh" underneath the grass layer), and that they ended up just deep enough that they were missed by most other hunters/other machines.

Whatever the case, it's always nice to get into a little area that gives up coins like that; after I had hit several coins (enough to convince me there was something going on there) I called my buddy over to join in on the paydirt. All told, we managed 14 old coins from this tiny little area, plus a few buttons and other interesting items. It's been quite awhile since I've hit a little "hot spot" that was that productive, in a public spot...

Here are my digs; I got several of these as "live digs" on video, so I may try to piece together a video (if I can give myself a crash course, and learn how to edit well enough)!

(The Mercs are 1935-D, 1942, 1944, and 1945; the Rosie is 1959; the Wheats are 1920-D, 1937-D, 1941, and 1946, and the Buffalo is 1937).

Thanks, all!

Steve

1-27-20-Keepers.jpg

Thanks guys!

Yep, it's been awhile since that many keepers have found their way into my pouch, in one hunt!

Steve

Thanks, all!

Yes, indeed, digging4clad...they sure are getting harder to find! No doubt about that...

Steve

Barefoot, LOL! It's been awhile since I've had a five-silver day. It won't be long before I look back on this hunt and make MYSELF envious! LOL!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom