Trolly Token and Other Finds

TNTGross

Elite Member
Haven't posted much lately, been kind of lazy. These are some of my finds for the past couple of weeks...

Found the 43 quarter in a curb strip yesterday and found the four dimes today. One in a lawn with a few wheat pennies and three in a curb strip.

I also found the Jacksonville Traction Co. token in the same curb strip. It has a cross in the middle. It was from when Jacksonville had trollies. A token web sight rates it as rare, but it's not worth much.

The two buffalo nickles and war nickles I found in a park near my house.

The 947 badge states, "Wear This Badge In Sight" on top and "H.S.D. Plant" underneath. I found this last week in a woods that had a lot of other finds I have posted. Odds are it is circa 1915 or thereabout. Based on other finds from that site.

Then there is an Old Hickory button that I think came off a slicker. Found a couple of other similar buttons, one with trains on it and the other with stars, but no writing on them.

I also found a bunch of clad and wheat pennies. Not pictured.

Attachments

• Finds 1-28-20.jpg
    Finds 1-28-20.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Jacksonville Fl Traction Co.jpg
    Jacksonville Fl Traction Co.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
I'd say you done quite well. Congrats on all the silver and Buffs. The tokens are a sweet save also. Good luck Mark

That Jacksonville token is pretty neat! I wish our currency would return to the its heyday in terms of design. Most of the current coinage is pretty boring...

Back
Top Bottom