Still can’t download pics

Wom 27

Elite Member
When I try to upload a pic from my library ,I’m told the upload failed and the reason is:
16ao7f61-dcbc-4147-a512-e8c89cf888c1.jpeg

Dose anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help. I’ve been at this for over a month and would love to show some finds

Tell us the steps you are taking to attempt the photo upload. The reason you gave for the upload fail appears to not actually be a failure message but the name of the picture(image) file. A file name with a .jpeg file type is an image file. There is a thread in the Forum Help section I believe, on how to upload images. Check that out before your next attempt. Most often the cause for upload fails is that the picture file size is TOO LARGE.

Man, I have seen some HUGE pictures posted on here in the past. So big you have to scroll sideways to see the texts. I would think the system wouldn't allow that, but...:?: Unless those are posted from a online hosting site?

I think my pics are only rejected if they're larger than 2 MB. Nothing pops up to tell me they're too large, but they just don't show up in my post.

Man, I have seen some HUGE pictures posted on here in the past. So big you have to scroll sideways to see the texts. I would think the system wouldn't allow that, but...:?: Unless those are posted from a online hosting site?

Yeah... what gives with that ???

There are two ways to include a picture in your post.

1. You can include a link to where the picture is hosted (the icon with a mountain and sun).
  2. You can upload a picture to the forum so the forum is hosting the picture (the paperclip icon).

If you use method 1 above, there is no size limit. If you use method 2, there is a size limit you must abide by or you will get an inscrutable error message about a security token.

We have an informative sticky explaining how to do it in Forum Help and Announcements.

I had the issue a few days ago with .JPG format (too big). I then used Snipping Tool (Windows) and "snipped" the .JPG and saved as .PNG and they then posted just fine.

There are two ways to include a picture in your post.

1. You can include a link to where the picture is hosted (the icon with a mountain and sun).
  2. You can upload a picture to the forum so the forum is hosting the picture (the paperclip icon).

If you use method 1 above, there is no size limit. If you use method 2, there is a size limit you must abide by or you will get an inscrutable error message about a security token.

We have an informative sticky explaining how to do it in Forum Help and Announcements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the explanation Rudy !

Back
Top Bottom