!st gold and First good Karma deed!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Went to a local beach this afternoon for a quick hunt before sunset. 10 mins into the hunt right when i hit the towel line I scoop this beauty stamped W14kt and has 3 small stones on the top, weighs in at 9.6 grams! This is my first official gold!

So i continue to hunt and 15 mins later a young lady approaches me and asks if I knew somewhere where she could buy a medal detector or rent one, apparently her husband lost his wedding ring and they were desperately looking for it, So I offered to help find it. So we take a stroll down the beach to the spot where they where laying where she thought she lost it, there were a few other people searching the sand for it with their fingers. So I start gridding the area and 10 mins later bouya i find it!! she was on the verge of tears! man it felt so good to help someone out i almost teared up myself...Anyway i told her i was happy to help then I took off to continue searching down the beach, 5 mins later her husband walks up and insists i take $40 bucks for finding it for them, i said no but he insisted on me taking the cash! Wow what an awesome time detecting today! this all happened within a 1 1/2 time span!! Sorry for the long story, thanks for looking!! Man i love this hobby!!

Attachments

• 0731102233a.jpg
    0731102233a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 534
yo S

From the land of the Bluenose...a gud gut feeling and beer money....man that is a super day me bouy. I too loveeeeeeeeeeee this hobby.

Thanks Leslie! just so happens i'm swigging down some Moosehead beer right now in celebration of an awesome afternoon!!:D

It is great to find gold and silver but to find and return a lost ring is special. Good job and drink one forme.:)

awesome finds and great story.
that's why we're all hooked on this hobby! :waytogo:

Wow, good for you! You ROCK! The opportunity only presented itself to me once so far - when a guy lost his car keys in the water. He asked me to help. Long story short, I started to search and within ten minutes a little kid stepped on them, holding them up and exclaiming, "Look what I found!" I yelled to the guy on shore and that was it.
Well, almost. Just after I started searching I found a 12k plated religious token. Sweet!

MS

Awsome day you had.
There are some times when your at the right place at the right time, on both accounts.
Nice gold ring you scored there.
Congratulations.

Congrats on your first!!!Good job on getting some good Karma as well:)Good luck and HH WTG

That is the one thing this hobby has going for it. The joy of recovering valuables and sometime being able to help others get back lost jewelry. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story. May the karma continue.:D

Back
Top Bottom