New Feller

Fulltilt

New guy. Been detecting since Christmas 2018, a whole 2 or 3 weeks. . Always wanted to start this hobby, just now getting around to doing it. Bought an AT pro. Live in the oldest town in TX - Nacogdoches. I found about $5 in clad, 3 wheat pennies, a few tokens, and a ‘42 half dollar so far. I love everything about metal detecting except my aching knees.

Welcome to the forum. We sure have fun here. Also like photos. Sounds like you are off to a great start. I live in Indiana, but for the winter, I stay in the Philippines
Good luck... KEN :D

Thanks everyone. Here’s a pic of the goods so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 161
Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast. Maybe some knee pads or piece of foam would help.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast. Maybe some knee pads or piece of foam would help.

Good advice. Went by Lowe’s earlier and bought some of those knee pads with the hard plastic on the outside. They should also help my knees stay dry. Seems like every time I kneel down my knee gets wet with all the rain we’ve had lately.

Using aerials from the 30’s and 40’s, I’ve managed to locate a dozen or so old homesites on property I have permission to access. The couple that I’ve been to so far are full of scrap iron, nails and what not. It’s proven pretty tough to get a good signal through all of that. I’m still learning this contraption so I’m sure I will get better at deciphering the difference between scrap and the good stuff. From what I’ve read on here is to go slow and dig everything that is a possibility.

wow, off to a great start, took me 4 years before i found my first walker! big congrats!!! and welcome to the number one detecting forum!

A walker in less than a month. You have some good places to detect. We all struggled learning our machines so just keep on using it and time and effort will improve your trash to treasure ratio.

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas! Nice location to hunt in. Been there a couple of times hunting. Knee pads do help out. Sounds like you’re off to a great start.

Thanks all. Glad to be here.

Got permission to search an old church with an adjacent abandoned Masonic Lodge. According to the imagery and old topos, there was a schoolhouse next to the church at one time as well. Went over there to search today. Lot of iron. Found an ax head and a wheat penny. My wife thinks I’m crazy getting excited about wheat pennies.

Back
Top Bottom