mapper123

I just found this great forum ya'll have & thought I would say hey!Back in 1960's I did a little bit of mding,but lost intrest to raising a family.I gave that old detector to my wife's grandmother (she want to find an old mine in the mountains)...long story.Then a few months back I bought an old detector at a flea market to use to find my property corners (I did too) ...the meter was non functioning ,but the sound worked fine.The point being it was sitting in a corner when my oldest granddaughter visited during the holidays & she asked if she could play with it.I put a fresh battery in it & took her outside for some basic instruction & turned her loose......an hour ,two pennies & a shotgun shell base & she was hooked."Can I have it to take home?" & what grandpa can say no.So she reawaken the old hunting urge in me & I just had to have a new detector to scratch that old itch.I hace bought an ace 150 to whet my "have to" .I had to go out in the yard the night I got it & found a clad quarter....set the hook.I have been facinated with all the great improvements that are incorpated in this basic little machine.The soil in this area of upstate South Carolina is very mineralized & the new machine make it a breeze to find metal objects compared to the antique I had.I feel the hunt very relaxing .

Welcome Mapper, same here. I had a Whites detector back in late 70's, sold it to buy ham radio gear at the time. Had the itch last year and finally go a new machine at Christmas, finding clad so far. Good luck and good weather! Tom By the way, Where are you in South Carolina, I'm in Salisbury NC. I have a buddy that lives in Greenville, SC

Welcome aboard... and to detectin' again. :D

And the best treasure you always got...spending time with the family. :yes: :D

All the best...

Welcome Mapper123 ... good luck with the hunting and look forward to hearing about (and seeing) some great finds!

Welcome Mapper, and good for you for encouraging your grand daughter to pursue MDing. It's a good, exciting hobby for all ages.

Its a nice hobby/addiction!!

the nice part is it pays for its self!!! keeps wife happy,Fills my lust for gold+silver!! welcome back to the hobbie!! good luck to ya!!

Back
Top Bottom