Ran into a friend of RTG and a Cobra dog tag?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Not much on the beach again today. Tested three of them. One beach I was digging a hole two feet deep on a target I gave up on.(Aluminum can)
Someone was watching me dig. Then after I filled the deep hole in he came forward and says" Is that a Reilly's Treasured gold scoop?" I sez " Yup!" He says "Do you like it?" I said "I'll put it this way! I have other brands of scoops in my truck. But if you see me on the beach, i'll be dragging my RTG!" Showed him how worn it is from a thousand miles of beach dragging. He said" Glad you like it! I'm an old friend of Kevin Reilly. I'll tell Mary how much you like the scoop!" He says " You wear that one out, be sure and get another one." I said "Dern skippy!" He got on the phone and I guess he called Kevin's mom, Mary:shock: Kevin passed away in 2009 by the way:no:

Dug some dog tags. next door neighbor can drop them off at the Navy base for me. Anybody know why it says "COBRA"?

Attachments

• SAM_1824.jpg
    SAM_1824.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 248
  • SAM_1823.jpg
    SAM_1823.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 246
lol

Awesome hunt Larry :lol:, happy that you scratched of something from your bucket list, don't pay any attention to GS good job :lol:, Happy hunting Earl

Would it be appropriate to post a picture of your RTG?

.The seam is where my foot wore all the way through the weld from digging thousands of holes with it.

Attachments

• SAM_1350.jpg
    SAM_1350.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 172
  • SAM_0123.jpg
    SAM_0123.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 171
Love this forum. And the friendly bunch of people on here.
Yep, NO holding back here....

Itsaring, maybe a road trip? Connecticut, next early spring...

Yep, NO holding back here....

Itsaring, maybe a road trip? Connecticut, next early spring...

Like to make a road trip one of these days before its my time to check out. Got to find me a lady friend to babysit my cats while I'm gone:lol:

Man that old scoop has dug up a lot of pull tabs! :laughing: Good to see it is still hanging on. Hope you are doing good and get some gold. The beaches here are sanded in, nobody except Cliff is finding anything. :laughing:

Man that old scoop has dug up a lot of pull tabs! :laughing: Good to see it is still hanging on. Hope you are doing good and get some gold. The beaches here are sanded in, nobody except Cliff is finding anything. :laughing:

Forecast here appears to be bleak for a long time. Only saw one person detecting in 3 trips. Kid with a fisher F2 and a propointer. Told him not to judge this years finds as to whether detecting is for him or not. May give him one of my dry sand scoops if he hasn't given up already.

That is one crazy huge hoop earring ? Wow haha.

No idea on the cobra doc tag - interesting!

Otherwise looks like many many of my hunts but with a cool scoop story!

Here's to hoping you get some sand stripped down some day!

Thanks for all the comments! Hopefully we'll all be done with the mumbles next year. Got to be some weird cycle that shows up every 7 years or something:no:

Dug some dog tags. next door neighbor can drop them off at the Navy base for me. Anybody know why it says "COBRA"?

Showed your photo to some some active officers, they said they nevrr seen call signs/special ops name on an official I.D. Might be a novelty or above their pay grade....but they would be interested to hear anything that is shared with you from the navy base.

Back
Top Bottom