Dressed for success...(Updated $$ & Pics)

18kRonin

Forum Supporter
After a breakfast meeting on my day off headed to the lead farm to try out CZ-21 on the beach with the toughest conditions I've ever hunted in. Heaps of canslaw, lead and iron mixed in with rocks, stones and a bit of sand to fill in the gaps.

These posts on the lead farm will give you a better idea. From the most recent going down to the earliest.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=118547

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=152463

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=118836

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=117370

Wasn't too keen on hunting that beach, thought I'd go for a walk along the wet to see if it could motive me into hunting it, didn't even bother getting changed, was still wearing my business suit.

Was eyes down looking for anything the would give me some motivation lol. Saw some lead and flakes of iron sitting on top of the wet then spotted what looked to be a big fresh drop silver ring.

Picked it up and holy SHEET!!!
The thing was heavy, just put it in my pocket walked along the beach some-more passing fishermen and looking REAL hard this time then back tracked damn no more big fat heavy rings sitting on the wet :lol:

Got back to my car an MAN!!! found Pt900 and 1.15 carat stamped on the inside almost 4 times the biggest diamond I've ever found!!! and that bling POPs!!! :lol:

E-mailed a couple of friends and just sat in the car dazed (saying words that I can't repeat) for over an hour :lol: before suiting up and hitting the beach with my wet suit and CZ-21 this time.

The beach didn't have anymore surprises, yeah more lead and iron but hardly any canslaw or pull tabs this time. Lasted 2 and a half hours before I couldn't stand it any longer had to go home and put that big boy on the scales :lol: thought it might come in at around 20g.

The words I was using at the beach came back when I read what the scales were telling me, can't be right so zeroed them and rechecked, more loud words :lol: yeah they are reading true
36.84g of Pt900

Well was hoping for a big fisherman's ring from that beach but this honker really out did my wildest dreams :lol:

HH&GL

Last edited:
i'm speechless!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:
and it was an eyeball find!?! man, i don't think i would have been able to calm down enough to go hunting after finding a HONKER like that thing! :lol:

big congrats! that's one awesome score! :thumbsup::whoohoo::urock:

Pete

Great looking anchor there 18k!:D....

Meanwhile, back on the ranch.... slim pickens!
All I got was cold and windblown, 1 silver ring, 1 junker and 5,400 yen... not complaining though.

Good job!

Well that does it then, I give up. :lol: But seriously..what?!! :?: That has to be the biggest chunk of ring I've ever seen posted...and platinum no less! Incredible, just incredible. My alarm is set for 5am and I'm getting out in the water! :lol: A huge congratulations is in order! :yes:

Bro you deserve to have two separate posts. One in beach hunting and one in mind blowing:shock:! Remember my first 14k ring surface find. Hard wind blowing, coins on top of the dry sand, gold ring sitting there with sand swirling around the inside like those old motorcycle riders spinning around the walls in the globe of death or whatever they called it! Now I'm gonna dream about finding your ring laying on top of the ground. 14k just won't do!:lol: Is there a word for "holy sheets" in Japanese?:lol: Congratso on THAT fatso!:yes:

Nice eyeball find G... I love eyeing a piece of gold on the beach was just talking about that recently with a friend... cut that sucker in half and sell the diamond separately :yes:

Hey, if that's what it takes I'm all in. Wearing my suit and tie and and heading down to the beach tomorrow!:lol: Got to be the greatest eyeball find in this board's history? Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a spike in the world's platinum commodities markets yesterday! Over a $1000 and at least that much or more on a stone which you know has got to be special. :wow2::clap::gettinmoney::money::congras::tiphat:

And the guy didnt miss that baby when it fell off.......bet when it fell off his hand came up so fast it hit him in the face.:laughing: You are defiantly living right....

Dew

And the guy didnt miss that baby when it fell off.......bet when it fell off his hand came up so fast it hit him in the face.:laughing: You are defiantly living right....

Dew

When that fell off the guys hand probably came up and smacked him so hard he doesn't even remember walking off the beach. Heck he may have been carried off!:lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Gotta be the biggest platinum I've ever seen!!!:yes:

CJ

No detector needed!!!

Beautiful!!!

Wow, I was wondering what caused the earthquake down here. Now I know it was when the Monster Platinum hit the ground up North. Congrats!!!

Let me get this straight. You eyeball find a 37g Pt900 ring with a massive 1.15 carat diamond :wow: :wow: :wow: that's pure insanity! Wonder what the appraised value is? Major congrats :congras:

Back
Top Bottom