I'm on a 10k Signet Roll

Irons

Forum Supporter
PIRATE.GIF

Tied for the number of Gold with last year!!! :D 2.2 grams of old brittle 10k signet.

Brutal out there today, started out sunny and cool and turned to windy and cold! I will gladly give the person who invents a pair of gauntlets that isn't total leaky junk a Gold ring! :mad:

Then a big boat from lake MI came in pushing water and I had to hightail it to shore before the wake hit me.

Double checking every faint deep sound is going to pay off in this place. I'm looking forward to getting back there on a nicer day.

Count was one British penny, 2 merc dimes, a buffalo and some clad. There are more Gold rings here I can smell them.

Thanks for looking and good hunting out there!! :grin:

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

rs6.jpg

Congrats on the ring and I love the penny! I think your scoop's got an infection there's a lot of hairy stuff growing on your magnets. :ehh:

Congrats on the ring and I love the penny! I think your scoop's got an infection there's a lot of hairy stuff growing on your magnets. :ehh:

Funny you mention that Felix I clean those with a wire brush before I set out each hunt.
I had been pulling nuts and bolts and bottle caps off them all morning and didn't notice the heavy build up of iron filings.

Lot of iron in the sand at that spot! :grin:

Nice score Irons, love those signet rings. Congrats brother :yes:
I took my magnet off it was clogging up too fast. Was spending too much time pulling off piles of tiny bits of iron.

Funny how things come in bunches. I'm also waiting for my first gold signet ring, all I've managed was a brass one so far.
keep warm and above the water line....always hated when boats went by and I was already on my toes trying to get out just a bit deeper!

Irons... is there a lot of ferrous trash where you are hunting? If not why not try a pulse even though I wouldn't ever again use one in freshwater.. I still have nightmares about that ;) a pulse will take you deep... nice job on the signet... a lot of my older rings are small and light... I guess people were smaller in stature then we are today ;)

Irons... is there a lot of ferrous trash where you are hunting? If not why not try a pulse even though I wouldn't ever again use one in freshwater.. I still have nightmares about that ;) a pulse will take you deep... nice job on the signet... a lot of my older rings are small and light... I guess people were smaller in stature then we are today ;)

Yes there is tons of trash where I hunt, that's why I taught myself how to hunt those areas others avoid. A thousand nails tells me there was a dock there at one time, an acre of nails says there was a old wharf.

The easy stuff has all been done, I'm reminded of that from June to August 31 when I go to the beach and admire the scenery.

Admiring the scenery beats expecting to find anything in an area that's hunted in shifts! :lol:

Love the signets! And I sure miss the scenery too from june to aug...

also lew n I have perfected the gaunlets.. have to find the post, you make them yourself and there easier to pick stuff up. I had mine out last year, right hand was under for 4 hours 35.7 degree water.. not cold at all. Have about 30 hunts on them, no leaks. Testing some new ones this week.

I guess people were smaller in stature then we are today ;)

Not going by the pinups on the old Bomber planes . :lol: I'm a Libra and thinking about using this on an old Ford Pick up:lol:

Attachments

• pinups.jpg
    pinups.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 224
Love the signets! And I sure miss the scenery too from june to aug...

also lew n I have perfected the gaunlets.. have to find the post, you make them yourself and there easier to pick stuff up. I had mine out last year, right hand was under for 4 hours 35.7 degree water.. not cold at all. Have about 30 hunts on them, no leaks. Testing some new ones this week.

I may try to make some over the winter. I have neoprene from old waders I can use. Also there are some made by Bemac/Jomac that a local store that supplies trappers has. They look to be made better than the red handed ones, I'm done buying the polar paws they are getting worse.

We'll see!

Last edited:
Still killing it!

Nice work man, a lot of very nice stuff as come out of MI. this season...

Can't say I would want to trade with any other state in the union.. Although Japan looks like a great place to take a detecting vacation..

Stay warm out there, funny how cozy that water can get with a lil gold in the pouch huh?

<*)))>{

Nice signet. Glad you are still in the water. Get a few more.

All my gear is up for the season. I think. I guess will never know for sure. Bur no way is my wetsuit going back on this year.

Congrats on the gold ring! I'm sure that you are right about there being more gold in the area. It has a definite scent to it. :yes: HH!

Back
Top Bottom