Scuba Treasures!! Divers also give up treasures!!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I had an emergency onsite in Detroit yesterday morning and was able to take the rest of the day off!! On the way I came across this. Imagine going 55MPH and comming across signs that are about 15 foot apart!!! Our tax dollars at work!! Slam on your brakes everyone!!!!

stupidsigns.jpg

Went diving in a lake that 5 dive shops use for training. It has a huge drop off and is COLD!!! With my wetsuit being thin, I only went down to the first thermocline. I need to get to the bottom because I know there is a lot more dive weights in there. I have taken over 20 out so far, along with 2 dive compasses, and a mask and snorkle.

Anyway, My first targets turned out to be 4 quarters within inches of each other. Then I hit the dive light with retractable lanyard. Very nice condition and when I opened it no water inside. Needs new batteries. A lot more change and the 5 lb dive weight also was found in that lake.

I hit another one within a mile of the first. Super clear and full of change also. One sterling ring and the watch that is still working were my best finds. I am taking the watch in to get cleaned today!! Lets see what they say!!

These lakes have very little trash. Just bottle tops and pulltabs. Very nice places to dive.

24june08coins.jpg

24june08misc.jpg

In playing with it some more, the watch is a Bum Equipment. Don't know what its worth. Tried to get a better picture of it!! Oh well.

24june08watch.jpg

That watch looks like it was down there a while Bob.. what no gold ;) What is the stone in the ring? I have found dive weights waterhunting and I threw them in the trash before lead started going up in price...

I may need some of those dive weights they had me at 14lbs but they said I may need more. What I need to do is stop eating cake, marriage!!!!!!

Congrats on the lights and ring, super find. Second weekend in July and I get my certification and I'll be joining you. Well maybe not finding anything but getting used to the water. you mentioned your wet suit being thin, my chest waders are 3.5 mil and are pretty warm in winter what do you suggest as far as a wet suit goes?

Jamie

You threw dive weights away??? Dive shops will pay you for them!!! Don't know the stone in the ring yet. Probably black onyx.

Jamie, you will find stuff. Patience grasshopper!! Go slow relax and don't expect gold for your first target!!

I did forget to mention, the watch works. If you look at the picture you can see the digital readout. I soaked it in vinagar to take off the outside crust and now I need to clean the stainless steel. Any sugestions out there???

You threw dive weights away??? Dive shops will pay you for them!!! Don't know the stone in the ring yet. Probably black onyx.

Jamie, you will find stuff. Patience grasshopper!! Go slow relax and don't expect gold for your first target!!

They were heavy so yeah I threw them away lol...

I did forget to mention, the watch works. If you look at the picture you can see the digital readout. I soaked it in vinagar to take off the outside crust and now I need to clean the stainless steel. Any sugestions out there???

try lemon juice and salt...

Back
Top Bottom