Budget machine ?

badwhiskey

Looking for a budget machine for $200 range..COINS/Jewelry
Black land soil...leaning Simplex md anything else out there? Any sleepers?

Current machine : Tesoro Compadre

Looking for a budget machine for $200 range..COINS/Jewelry
Black land soil...leaning Simplex md anything else out there? Any sleepers?

Current machine : Tesoro Compadre

Don't know what black land soil means.........are you talking about high mineralization, coal/shale, fertile black soil, swamp/bog/peat or what?

Simplex is a great detector for the money. It is single frequency 12 kHz VLF. It has lots of great features and is waterproof. It can handle dry and wet salt water beaches and surf. Firmware updatable by download. Made in Turkey, 2 year warranty, warranty repair in Ringgold GA.

The Vanquish 440 is similar in price and is well worth the money. It is simultaneous multi frequency so it can handle most any type of soil conditions and has built in salt water beach features so it can handle salt water dry and wet sand along with shallow surf. It is not fully waterproof. Firmware updatable by download. Made in Malaysia/Australia. 3 year warranty with warranty repair in Illinois. 15% USA military discount available.

If you can wait a little longer Garrett's new Apex looks really good. It costs more than $200 but looks fantastic.

When I bought my Simplex I was bouncing between that and the Vanquish 540. I have no regrets about buying the Simplex. It's a great machine for the price and Nokta has put a ton of support behind it. I just picked up one of the new coils last week and I feel like it was a really good upgrade. I've also done a lot of research on the Vanquish 540 and this weekend I had the opportunity to buy one from a member here so I am really looking forward to trying it out because the Vanquish looks to be an awesome machine too and I am happy to be adding it to my arsenal. I think these are both good solid choices. Good luck with whatever machine you decide on!

The Vanquish is not terrible on modern steel core Canadian clad. It just has to be set up to handle it. So if you use a Vanquish 440 you need to accept a few of the target ID numbers in the iron range and listen for low and high tones over the same target. It is like hunting for steel crown bottle caps on purpose!

Back
Top Bottom