Hello from Boca Raton

JohnnyBGood

Hello everyone

My name is John and I am a total NEWB

I have never held a metal detector in my hand, that newb. But I have ALWAYS wanted to try it since I was a little kid. And yes I just watched my first episode of Diggers lol

I am about 24hrs into my new obsession and pretty sure I will go at this full bore with everything except money.

My short term goals are to be able to search local beaches while the kids play but long term would be to search Lake Boca with scuba. I think that would yield A LOT.

Short term research has found two different ACE 150 both for less than $100 locally. (INSERT SAVE AND BUY A F2/ACE 250 recommendations here________)

Will post again when I have something to show or ask

Thanks in advance

John

Myself, like many others, went with the Fisher F2. There’s a terribly big long thread about it here started by respected member DIGGER27, and it alone convinced me it was a great machine.

Terribly big long thread here

After I got mine and used it a while, I wrote my own glowing review for Yahoo. Although the Fisher F2 is considered a beginner detector, it can *definitely* find the good stuff. DIGGER27 has a whole slew of gold rings nabbed by his F2, and I found a 1944 Walking Liberty half dollar at a ball park.

My glowing review on Yahoo here

If you have more money than about $200 to spend on a metal detector, I’d check into the Fisher F5 or the AT Pro by Garrett--both are doing well out there. If a screen/numbers/bells and whistles aren’t important to you, check out the Tesoro line. The Vaquero is very popular, lightweight, and DEEP. Real deep. Too deep, some say. :D

A great review site for the Tesoro Vaquero here:

A great Tesoro Vaquero review site

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hit the beaches on either side of the inlet

I used to live in the area, it's a great place to hunt especially after storms.

Back
Top Bottom