$24 for my gold😂😂😂

Still a great find, but it seems about the same size as this 25mm long charm that comes in at 1.5 grams.

Finding gold jewelry that weighs over 1.5 ounces is rare but not impossible.
Maybe next time.
Also, digital scales are not all that expensive, cash this thing in and you can get one which will come in handy for your next gold find.

Attachments

• 13e5ca379e735283e1d8edf690ac9a30.jpg
    13e5ca379e735283e1d8edf690ac9a30.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 213
simple comparison would be a 1 oz. round. I think its a bit short. On a side note I wish I had a 36 incher.

Woah, this started to get out of pocket quick!

Back to the OP:

Fun times, lessons learned. That yellow metal is exciting and often times full of trickery and mystery isn't it?

Thats a beauty of a find there Nick! Dont sweat about the weight mis-discrepancy, thats definitely not 1.6oz, but still a sweet find!....

This whole deal is a learning experience, We all learn here from each other......Great find and post for us all to learn from!
Mud

+2!! The fact you found gold AT ALL is better than what ever happens to me! In 6 years of heavy hunting I've found exactly 3 gold things. I've found plenty of gold COLORED stuff,but not too often finds like yours arrive in my pockets. If you're targeting gold on land good for you. Not many guys have the stomach for that....the payoff CAN be huge.

i think the OP is now embarrassed he made such a newbie mistake and is not posting.

To the OP, buy your own scale and confirm weight yourself before bringing it somewhere.

To be honest, I, and am sure some others, are snickering at your mistake.

Great learning post, but I gotta tell ya', that LOOKS gold plated. Maybe the lighting, but after years of selling, on my screen- looks gold plated.:?:

Back
Top Bottom