Now you see me - Now you don't

Kapi

Forum Supporter
So this morning I hit the beach at low tide and started working the water. Little did I know the local weather/surf guy was there taking photos. I just happen to follow his Facebook page so I saw the post. I'm pretty sure he does not know me nor know I followed his page. He titled it ""And for my next act Now you see me, now you don't" I did comment "Hey that was me!" so now he knows :laughing:

HAHA!! Good timing on the part of the photographer.

Yes occasionally when a wave is about to hit me head high and my detector is on the side of the wave I'll lift the detector out of the water so it does not take the full force of the wave. Most times I just turn around so the detector is not on the wave side.

This one didn't even knock off my headphones :) Looks worse than it was.

I've been rolled a few times. Always in much rougher surf and always when I let someone distract me with attempted conversation in huge waves.

These were baby waves, occasionally kind of big but soft without much force behind them.

You just never know who is watching I guess :laughing::laughing::laughing:

PS the camera adds 10 pounds!

Attachments

• WAVE.jpg
    WAVE.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 564
It almost looks like you're jousting against the surf!:lol:

...and I thought 3 pounds of mud per boot in our wet and muddy fields in winter was hard going......;)

Those are awesome shots. The first one looks like you’ve challenged the wave to a duel. Avast ye scallywag!

A little bigger wave and you would have got "Barreled " !

So this morning I hit the beach at low tide and started working the water. Little did I know the local weather/surf guy was there taking photos. I just happen to follow his Facebook page so I saw the post. I'm pretty sure he does not know me nor know I followed his page. He titled it ""And for my next act Now you see me, now you don't" I did comment "Hey that was me!" so now he knows :laughing:

HAHA!! Good timing on the part of the photographer.

Yes occasionally when a wave is about to hit me head high and my detector is on the side of the wave I'll lift the detector out of the water so it does not take the full force of the wave. Most times I just turn around so the detector is not on the wave side.

This one didn't even knock off my headphones :) Looks worse than it was.

I've been rolled a few times. Always in much rougher surf and always when I let someone distract me with attempted conversation in huge waves.

These were baby waves, occasionally kind of big but soft without much force behind them.

You just never know who is watching I guess :laughing::laughing::laughing:

PS the camera adds 10 pounds!

? 4U : I know your one of the more successful waterhunters here. On your average hunt , how many hours do you put in ? And on a good hunt , about how many targets do you dig ?
Thanks , The KOB

Surfs up

Next time it will be a pink one piece & a snorkel , well did you hold on to your equipment , and were was life quard Larry ? Ps never mind, i see you broke through the wave , and see the Excal 10 strait up , Larry was filming wonder woman :clap::neo::thumbsup:

😆 good one!

Hehe! Thanks!

Ha ha, AWESOME action shot!!

<°)))>{

Thanks!

It almost looks like you're jousting against the surf!:lol:

LOL Yeah! The sea she was angry that day and I was like "Argggg Bring it on!" and then she showed me who is boss!

...and I thought 3 pounds of mud per boot in our wet and muddy fields in winter was hard going......;)

That sounds rough too!

Those are awesome shots. The first one looks like you’ve challenged the wave to a duel. Avast ye scallywag!

LOL Yeah! The sea she was angry that day and I was like "Argggg Bring it on!" and then she showed me who is boss!

Great pics! :lol:

Thanks!

You're nuts lady!!! LOL.

LOL Yes! Darn targets like to be right in that crash zone too!

Thats too rough for me, I just hate it when those waves are that high.

It was pretty easy to get out beyond the breakers but the targets seemed to be right at crash zone. Luckily only one in 100 were that big. If they were all that big I'd not be out there.

Handled like a pro 😀

LOL Thanks!

A little bigger wave and you would have got "Barreled " !

Jumping over them is pretty easy most of the time. It's when you get distracted and don't see it coming that they can wipe you out big time.

? 4U : I know your one of the more successful waterhunters here. On your average hunt , how many hours do you put in ? And on a good hunt , about how many targets do you dig ?
Thanks , The KOB

I rarely can ever detect over 4 hours and that is pushing it. I usually do two hours. On an good hunt I probably dig 20 - 30 targets.

Next time it will be a pink one piece & a snorkel , well did you hold on to your equipment , and were was life quard Larry ?

It really wasn't as bad as it looked, the waves were weak and my headphones didn't even come off. I just held everything over the wave and the splash got them a bit. The bulk of the wave was at my chest and below. The wind was out of the west so the spray you see was actually spraying towards sea. Larry was out of town.

Hope the tendonitis doesn't relapse from taking hits like that. I hunt in similar conditions (mask & snorkel) but tend to duck dive under waves like that vs. taking them vertically.

I saw this on Instagram twice yesterday and logged in just to tell you about it. I put in a good comment for the surfers having a laugh. They def wouldn't laugh at your finds....

You go girl :dingding:

Thanks my friend :)

Hope the tendonitis doesn't relapse from taking hits like that. I hunt in similar conditions (mask & snorkel) but tend to duck dive under waves like that vs. taking them vertically.

It's about 80 percent better and as long as I deep massage the calf down the heel after each hunt it seems to be not getting worse. So thankful!

I saw this on Instagram twice yesterday and logged in just to tell you about it. I put in a good comment for the surfers having a laugh. They def wouldn't laugh at your finds....

Haha yeah I saw it too but didn't reply on Instagram, did reply on Facebook though. I don't mind them laughing. Heck I was laughing at the pic myself :) Last thing I want is for them to start detecting! I appreciate you backing me up though! :):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom