How to Find Gold in Michigan Using a Fishing Pole

I saw that earlier. That's some crazy stuff right there. I wouldn't have owned up to doing it. It might come back to him now.

Cliff

I'll match your story and raise the ante! I remember this one when it was in the local paper.

https://sportsmansblog.com/2005/02/06/this_fish_tale_/
That one is nuts too! A buddy of mine had a lucky experience many years ago. We were out in several boats tarpon fishing off the Louisiana coast when we came across a large school of bull reds about an acre or more in size. We all dragged spoons through the school and immediately got a lot of hits. Some stayed hooked and some came off only to have the spoon hit the water and be hit again. My buddy was fishing with his wife and she was busy reeling in a big one. After it was on board she replaced her rod in the holder and sat down to rest forgetting to hook the safety lanyard. Her husband threw the spoon back out and it immediately was hit hard. The rod flew out of the holder and into the water, lost forever. About an hour later he was trolling again and got a hook up. When they reeled the fish in it had 2 spoons in its mouth. They pulled in the line attached to the second one and pulled up his other rod. In a school of thousands of fish and several boats catching them I don't what the odds of that happening are but I'd buy a lottery ticket if it happened to me.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom