Treasurenet.com sold..

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
From TreasureWorks.com

Leading Treasure Hunting website SOLD

TreasureNet.com, The oldest and largest treasure hunting website on the internet was sold yesterday for an undisclosed amount of money.

The Central Texas company ForumFoundry took control of the website yesterday (3 February 2012), and moved the website to an IP address on its servers in Austin.

We have not heard from former Treasurenet owner Marc Austin, or from ForumFounfry about details of the sale, or what plans the company has for the website, but we expect some news soon. As of today there is no mention of the sale of Treasurenet on either the TreasureNet website or on the ForumFoundry website.

ForumFoundry is comprised of a series of network forums and blogs on a wide verity of subjects from ATV’s to fishing and Technology. It appears that the acquisition of Treasurenet is the companies’ first step into the treasure hunting and metal detecting world.

Anything is for sale if the price is right.

That's only true, for people without a conscious, values, or integrity. Would your parent sell you, if they were offered cash? I wouldn't sell my dog, regardless of the ridiculous offer, or my financial needs. I'd figure a way around it, or find him a decent home, free. I've given a lot of stuff away, rather than sell it. If it's something, I've already gotten good value out of, and someone else has a need. Sometimes, I do it just out of kindness.

I just bought a new detector, but haven't any plans on selling the old one. Will keep it for a while, until I learn the new machine. Maybe something to loan out, or just a gift. I'd give it to my brother, but like you, he see the dollars signs, he'd sell it cheap, unless he was pulling dollars out of every hole. I seldom charge for repairs I do, and usually only as much as it costs me, if I don't have a part on hand.

I never signed up with TreasureNet, just visited a few times while looking for answers, as with several other sites. Wasn't much more than a resource, just didn't have the 'feel' to it. It's usually the owners, who make the magic for a site, many tend to die out, when they change hands. Hope this isn't the case, a lot of good information there. They may have been the largest, but still think this one is the best.

So does this mean all the old admins, mods, and Marc now have no power on the site?

That's only true, for people without a conscious, values, or integrity. Would your parent sell you, if they were offered cash? I wouldn't sell my dog, regardless of the ridiculous offer, or my financial needs. I'd figure a way around it, or find him a decent home, free. I've given a lot of stuff away, rather than sell it. If it's something, I've already gotten good value out of, and someone else has a need. Sometimes, I do it just out of kindness.

I just bought a new detector, but haven't any plans on selling the old one. Will keep it for a while, until I learn the new machine. Maybe something to loan out, or just a gift. I'd give it to my brother, but like you, he see the dollars signs, he'd sell it cheap, unless he was pulling dollars out of every hole. I seldom charge for repairs I do, and usually only as much as it costs me, if I don't have a part on hand.

I never signed up with TreasureNet, just visited a few times while looking for answers, as with several other sites. Wasn't much more than a resource, just didn't have the 'feel' to it. It's usually the owners, who make the magic for a site, many tend to die out, when they change hands. Hope this isn't the case, a lot of good information there. They may have been the largest, but still think this one is the best.

Your examles are a little far fetched. Selling pets or children? Really? In reality, just about everything has a price. If I had a successful MDing forum and I was offered an outrageous price to sell.......where is the pen to sign the paperwork.

You make some assumptions of CM about his integrity and values based on someone else selling a MDing forum. Pretty shameful, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pulling the strings now for some time now Craig. :thinking: As you know, the CBM (Connecticut Beach Mafia) has tried to muscle in to our forum holdings, :gunbandanna: but it's just a matter of time now before I crush them all.. :boxing: BWAAAA-HAAA-HA-Ha!!!!! :wine2:

:lol:

Your examles are a little far fetched. Selling pets or children? Really? In reality, just about everything has a price. If I had a successful MDing forum and I was offered an outrageous price to sell.......where is the pen to sign the paperwork.

You make some assumptions of CM about his integrity and values based on someone else selling a MDing forum. Pretty shameful, IMO.

Skrap, what are you talking about exactly? Shameful? Harvey was simply responding to CM's comment that "anything is for sale if the price is right" by providing examples where, for the average person, that is not the case. I don't see any assumptions or judgements being made on CM or the guy who sold the forum...and saying that everything has a price is saying a lot about one's own integrity and values...not much need for anybody else to elaborate. Harvey is saying that there are some things in life that are above and beyond money. You and CM and saying that everything has a price. And yet you call him shameful? Interesting logic. :?:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skrap, what are you talking about exactly? Shameful? Harvey was simply responding to CM's comment that "anything is for sale if the price is right" by providing examples where, for the average person, that is not the case. I don't see any assumptions or judgements being made on CM or the guy who sold the forum...and saying that everything has a price is saying a lot about one's own integrity and values...not much need for anybody else to elaborate. Harvey is saying that there are some things in life that are above and beyond money. You and CM and saying that everything has a price. And yet you call him shameful? Interesting logic. :?:

Harvey quote CM about "anything has a price.....". Then in Harvey's first sentence he goes on to say people who mention this have no values or integrity. I read it as a judgement on CM. Maybe I mis read Harvey's intent. It is the interwebz after all. BTW, read my fourth sentence. Never said everything. Maybe both of us didn't read the posts completely.

I did get a request from FF a few days ago to sell this forum and from someone else the next day, it seems every other week there is a request to sell. I don't even ask what they have to offer :lalalala"

Back
Top Bottom