My first rare coin!

Pastor Bob

Elite Member
Went out Tuesday with my NOX 600 to a park along the Nebraska-Kansas border. Had been there a few times before and found a couple of things, nothing spectacular. One thing I have learned about the Equinox is that it is opening parks to me again. In areas I have hit before I found five Indians and six wheat pennies including my first rarity. A 1914-D! Rough shape I know, but who cares. In 30 years detecting I had not found anything nearly this valuable. Also got a 1910-S at same park.. Loving the Nox!

Attachments

• penny 2.jpg
    penny 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 537
  • penny.jpg
    penny.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 535
Good for you Bob but that's two pictures of the same side. I can't quite make out what it is... is that a buffalo?

Good for you Bob but that's two pictures of the same side. I can't quite make out what it is... is that a buffalo?
It's the 1914 D. Laying sideways with Lincolns head to the left.

HD

Re.: Kansas/Nebraska border : Key date S and D mints stay on this side of the Mississippi river. Right ? :laughing: Good for you !

Congrats Pastor Bob! That's a great find! You are right when you mention being able to once again detect your previously hunted out areas. I decided to go with the Anfibio Multi, and I discovered the same thing as you, in that areas I could not even find one old coin with my Explorer, I am now able to hunt again and pull out some more oldies. What makes it even better is that the coins I'm now finding are even older on average than what I was finding before. I almost scared to dig so deep to recover my targets.

Back
Top Bottom