$90 bucks for an ACE 250???

mjmjross

Look what I found today!! I'm not going NEAR it! With ZERO feedback AND it's in Hong Kong. I thought it was interesting though because I haven't seen fake ACE 250's yet. Like everyone else here, I've seen the fake Pro Pointers.

Anyway, good for a laugh..........

Attachments

• Ace.jpg
    Ace.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 598
Another reason to buy a supposedly U.S. made metal detector from a reputable dealer.

However, I will say that I have purchased several little items from sellers in Hong Kong. When the item arrived, it was exactly as described and the total price was 70-80% less than buying it in the states.

Another reason to buy a supposedly U.S. made metal detector from a reputable dealer.

However, I will say that I have purchased several little items from sellers in Hong Kong. When the item arrived, it was exactly as described and the total price was 70-80% less than buying it in the states.

Yea, I've bought several things from Hong Kong too and have never been burned. Something about this just doesn't smell right though. Maybe it's the feedback and the fact that it's $150.00 cheaper.......I already have an ACE 250 that I use as a backup anyway.

Here's an interesting nugget of information in the description:
"I am not responsible for duties or custom charges." Not sure what that would cost. This guy is also throwing in a camo finds pouch. That goes for just under $20. It also takes a month to show up.

...and my favorite...zero feedback. Massive red flag.

Roll the dice if you want. I'm very curious to see what actually shows up at your door (if anything).

"I am not responsible for duties or custom charges." Not sure what that would cost. This guy is also throwing in a camo finds pouch. That goes for just under $20. It also takes a month to show up.

Roll the dice if you want. I'm very curious to see what actually shows up at your door (if anything).

Agree- and is offering free shipping? Don't walk away from this one-RUN

If they take paypal there is no risk. You'll get your money back if they don't follow through. Dang, Curiosity is getting the best of me. :?:

I am VERY curious too, just not curious enough to fall for that!! I wish there was a way to watch the buyers (there were 10 of them) to see if they posted bad feedback. I always buy my MD gear from a dealer. I work to hard all year long, finding clad and saving it for my next toy. LOL

Please be careful on feebay. ALWAYS buy from a authorized dealer listed on the manufactures website.

China has faked every detector out now.

Yup, I was doing some digging (for my own curiosity) and came across some fakes. Boy, some of those that claim to be an ACE (the SLIVER models) look NOTHING like the real thing! I don't know how anyone would fall for that.....

Please be careful on feebay. ALWAYS buy from a authorized dealer listed on the manufactures website.

China has faked every detector out now.

Bart -

I thought they had only faked the ones like First Texas & Minelab who had turned to the asians to manufacture their goods

Are they now copying Tesoro?

I would be gutted if thats the case as I was under the impression that Tesoro build all their own pcb's in their factory...

Yup, I was doing some digging (for my own curiosity) and came across some fakes. Boy, some of those that claim to be an ACE (the SLIVER models) look NOTHING like the real thing! I don't know how anyone would fall for that.....

I know what you mean -

Two entirely different machines - you only have to compare specs to see that, however hysteria can blind people so I suppose thats what happened:laughing:

Bart -

I thought they had only faked the ones like First Texas & Minelab who had turned to the asians to manufacture their goods

Are they now copying Tesoro?

I would be gutted if thats the case as I was under the impression that Tesoro build all their own pcb's in their factory...

I do not know about Tesoro but I can tell you they fake all the others. Some of them are very very hard to tell. Well until you try to use them, ha ha. The fake pro pointer is spot on for looks.

I do not know about Tesoro but I can tell you they fake all the others. Some of them are very very hard to tell. Well until you try to use them, ha ha. The fake pro pointer is spot on for looks.

Thanks Bart -

I do know that they do Gold Bug Pro - G2 - T2 - GMT - Pro-pointer - Gold Stinger - Have also heard AT Pro - CTX 3030 - F70 - F75

As you are aware I am NZ based - I went for a hunt with a mate of mine to compare his Tekenetics T2 he imported from the US & the GoldFinder2 I got from China - A little way into our hunt, he took a tumble down a bank & broke the PP/GB toggle switch

I sent a email to Tekenetics support so we could get replacement toggle switch to replace broken one - Reply was for me to ship unit back to USA for repair - A cost of around $250 to $300 for return shipping/part & labor would be the minimum he would have to pay

I then sent the same email to the company I purchased the GF2 from - They emailed me back saying they had the part & would provide it to me free of charge, however I was to pay the $20 to get it shipped

You Bart certainly hit the nail on the head when you say BUY from a reputable dealer - Bloody hard when they are all in the USA mate & the manufacturers wont let us buy from you

Your a bloody legend in my eyes mate & I do hope one day WE (NZ'ds addicted swingers) can buy from you guys WE trust -

Unfortunately in this instance we have had to put a chinese component into an american machine - Definately NOT the first time I imagine;)

This wakes my eyes up. I will buy through a reputable dealer. Earlier, I wanted a MD so badly, that I was thinking of checking pawn shops and craigslist. Now I am not so sure, how do you tell the difference in person?

Back
Top Bottom