Flashlight/Headlight Recommendations?

RBachman

Forum Supporter
Sorry if this has already been hashed out a few times, but I couldn't find it on a search.

Can anyone give a recommendation or opinion on a light to use at the beach? Ideally I'm looking for something that's very reliable, long battery life, chargeable, adjustable, comfortable, etc. Preferably Made in USA or Europe. Assuming that such an animal exists. Not that I'm being picky, LOL

THANKS!!!

Rich B.

I’ll show you what I bought day before yesterday.
Mounts on head if you want.
Led.
Bright as all get out.
Cost me $14 and comes with 3aaa batteries.
Says 8 plus hours of run time.
You can have all 3lites burning, just 2or just 1with lush of a button.
Using all 3ligjts you can even adjust intensity some.
Bought at Wally World.
I didn’t buy to detect but to use bow hunting so I don’t step on a rattler in the dark.
Will post a pic and link to the actual product.
I am super tickled at this product for what it cost.

http://www.energizer.com/lighting/headlights#vhdlh

Pic of my unit.
2ynkoq1.jpg

Emisar D4! Wicked little pocket rocket that’s fully adjustable from 1 - 4000+ lumens and everything in between! So powerful it can actually burn a hole through paper! Runs on a single 18650 and has good battery life as long as you’re not running it on full power. Floody beam lights up a large area. Great quality too. Youtube it or check the reviews on candle power forums. Not exactly a hat light, but can easily be clipped onto one. I have the titanium version which I EDC on my belt and mount on my hat when detecting after dark. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Emisar D4! Wicked little pocket rocket that’s fully adjustable from 1 - 4000+ lumens and everything in between! So powerful it can actually burn a hole through paper! Runs on a single 18650 and has good battery life as long as you’re not running it on full power. Floody beam lights up a large area. Great quality too. Youtube it or check the reviews on candle power forums. Not exactly a hat light, but can easily be clipped onto one. I use mine mounted on my hat when detecting after dark. Works great.

4,000 lumens. Lol. That could start a fire shing it on the ground.
Kidding of course.
Should make the silver shine though.

4,000 lumens. Lol. That could start a fire shing it on the ground.

Kidding of course.

Should make the silver shine though.

It will actually start a fire if you turn it on full blast and point it at something like dark paper. lol Ridiculously powerful little light. Coolest flashlight I’ve ever owned!

Led.
Bright as all get out.
Bought at Wally World.
I didn’t buy to detect but to use bow hunting so I don’t step on a rattler in the dark.

Pic of my unit.
2ynkoq1.jpg

Tnsharpshooter, have you used this light much yet? I have that one and I had to put a little tape on the lower portion of the light to cut some of the glare in my eyes. It seems more of a flood light than spot and kind of blinded me some before I added tape. Good light nonetheless. Works fine with a baseball hat. JMO.

Led.
Bright as all get out.
Bought at Wally World.

Pic of my unit.
2ynkoq1.jpg

I have one like Tnss it works great!!

Emisar D4! Wicked little pocket rocket that’s fully adjustable from 1 - 4000+ lumens and everything in between! So powerful it can actually burn a hole through paper! Runs on a single 18650 and has good battery life as long as you’re not running it on full power. Floody beam lights up a large area. Great quality too. Youtube it or check the reviews on candle power forums. Not exactly a hat light, but can easily be clipped onto one. I have the titanium version which I EDC on my belt and mount on my hat when detecting after dark. Works great.

WOW! 4,000 lumens? Sounds more like a light saber than a flash light. The likelihood of melting finds may make it better suited for camping....like starting the camp fire. LOL :D:lol::D

Here's one from SureFire I came across with a google search. It's a "tad" pricey. I use some of their firearm products and have always found them to be very well built, reliable, tough, durable and highly functional.

However, they seem to have misplaced the $$ decimal point a bit too far to the right. LOL :wow::shock::?: I am trying to figure out where the added value is to justify the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MLEBN2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Two schools of thought about night hunting...Some folks prefer to hunt completely lights out and dark...This is an audio primary based Sport..a guy really dont need their eyes or a flashlight of any sort....

Plus, Ears really sharpen up when the eyes are deprived of function...Safety too, If you are comfortable and invisible in the dark, thats the way you roll, you wear darkness like a cloak, nobody can sneak up on you....You dont really need a light, your feet start to feel the way, your ears go into Mega drive sensitivity settings..

Its the damndest thing best experienced than explained...Hunting blind at night with no light..Been at it very much bigly in the woods and water since 1976 and prefer it...Out of all the Humans sensors, Eyes are our weakest, mega drawback, get us into all sorts of trouble, and untrustworthy to boot..

Humans got along just fine with no easy access of flashlights at night until about 40yrs ago....and a guy still can...Just something to think about...possibly give it a whirl?

Leave your eyes (lights) in the car, go hunt a beach completely dark..you will see just fine with your ears and feet, and feel vastly superior to all other modern day Humans...

Attachments

• 4C518066-042A-4370-94F7-2240DD46E917.jpg
    4C518066-042A-4370-94F7-2240DD46E917.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
WOW! 4,000 lumens? Sounds more like a light saber than a flash light. The likelihood of melting finds may make it better suited for camping....like starting the camp fire. LOL :D:lol::D

:lol: Its a beast on high for sure and will automatically step down power pretty quickly at that level so that it doesn’t overheat. The cool thing about it though, is that power is fully adjustable. Turned down to 300-400 lumens it still lights up a large area and can run for a long time.

I just use one of the baseball hats with the leds built in to the visor, pretty cheap if you look around. I only turn it on when i have already scooped or dug the hole and am pinpointing, then clicked back off. No need to leave a light on.

Tnsharpshooter, have you used this light much yet? I have that one and I had to put a little tape on the lower portion of the light to cut some of the glare in my eyes. It seems more of a flood light than spot and kind of blinded me some before I added tape. Good light nonetheless. Works fine with a baseball hat. JMO.

Seems to work fine.
Gotta watch bugs though.

Used tonite testing a detector. Had to hold it in my hand. Super warm outside, those gnats take to it quick.
I may try another color like green to see if the bugs like it as much.
Friend of mine has one he says.

I use a Streamlight Septor. Made in USA. I am very happy with it.

Bought it from Amazon for $26. Three different levels, up to 15 hours of continuous run-time...

Here is a list of flashlight companies made in US:
https://www.americangearguide.com/lights-headlamps-flashlights-made-in-usa.html

https://www.gearhunder.com/best-tactical-flashlight/

Hope this helps

Streamlight is high quality, but usually expensive. Fenix's flashlight is inexpensive and of high quality, and is suitable as an alternative to Streamlight. I originally purchased it as a backup, but because of how it works, I have been using it as my main flashlight. The light is very bright, and it can easily focus a large area with maximum brightness, while being able to quickly dim the light.

Back
Top Bottom